• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turned up the injection pump this morning.....

Punisher666

Finally got the pump turned up a couple of turns and holy dog S**t did it make a difference. A hill i had to grab 4th and hammer down now will run 5th at 55mph. I dont think screwing something ever gave me a better outcome than this ever before. She rolls coal on demand and runs like a raped ape. Smokes a lil blueish gray due to 50% UMO but **** who doesnt like to piss off the eco friendly s**t bags in the Prius when we hit the loud pedal right? Thats part of the fun in owning one of these. Pics coming soon of me smoking out the block i live on.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm known to run an occasional engine on the fringe of self destruction myself. I do have the advantage of having numerous canned replacement engines and a gaggle of new pistons and holes.

92RT-TT

I'm sure I'll be wanting to turn my fuel up too once I get a deuce, but I'm def going to make sure I have a pyro gauge first so I dont wreck anything

oh and video or it didnt happen lol

jimh1985

Turned mine up last week.. I just stopped when it got to 10PSI boost at 100% 2300 rpm.
Seems to be alright made one **** of a difference. Its also extra loud lol. No black smoke over 2000 rpm, only on the low end.

davidkroberts

wow a couple of turns?

you know we call these motors "come aparts" and "self disassembling" for a reason.

military vehicles arent known for having tons of power on the high end and you have one that pulls hills in overdrive?..... at 55 mph no less. This probably isnt a good idea but its your truck. Your going to get real good at replacing multifuels in the future.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil looked at mine and said the screw still has the safety wire or whatever on it. Truck always starts and gets me there and back. Fuel seems fine just the way the gov had it.

When I wanna feel a diesel pull hard and go quick I put my foot in my 2008 Duramax. Let 'er blow - it's under warrenty.

Deuce is fine at 50-55ish. (down hill)

:D

92RT-TT

If you want speed just bob it to lose some weight, throw in some propane injection... I'm sure the motor can handle it lol jk

Punisher666

Put in a boost gauge and turned the pump back down, pyrometer goes in tomorrow ran out of light today. Figured the boost is way to high so had to tone it down some. One short 20 PSI run was fun making clouds but back to a managable 10-12 PSI tommorow. Sorry no pics but will take some tommorow when backing down the fuel.

mechanix

I got a boost and pyro installed in my 70 Kaiser M35a2 and went and flogged it. Managed a high of 950 on the pyro and 9psi on the boost. I figure I have some room to turn it up a little. I just want a little bit more power. Not too much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks