• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Underbed tool box w/ 395s

FDNY129

Hello all,
I'm looking for anyone who has mounted a "under bed" toolbox in the pioneer tool rack position. Specifically, I'm looking for someone who has done this AND is running bigger tires like the 395s.
I have a good deal on a toolbox, but am also installing 395s this month. I don't know how much clearance I will have after the new tires are on.
I'd like to buy the box now, and hold onto it for a few weeks, but not if it won't fit. The box is 24Wx18Hx18D.
Any ideas? Pictures are always helpful. Thanks!

Attachments

FDNY129

That would be great if you have a chance to measure. Let me know how big that gap is end to end, with a few "safe" inches for tire clearance.

UpstateNYer

From the front edge of the bed where the pioneer rack is attached to the mudflap is 29". The mudflap is approx 16" tall and at the botton still has a good 1.5" to 2" until the tire. So I would say as long as you are flush or just past the front edge of the bed, you will have plenty of room.