• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog FLU 419 Clutch Issue

tmcnaney

I went off-roading with my Unimog and accidentally let the clutch out moving at about 10-15mph in low low gear. I engaged the pedal again and used the break to slow down. When I tried to move again from a stop there was barely any power going to the transmission.

I had the truck towed back home as it wouldn’t move. I recently tried adjusting the slave cylinder with some success by following the manual. A little more power but still not sending full power to wheels. Shifting is a little tighter now,m

I can move on level ground, but if the bucket is full it barely moves. I can put it in a higher gear and release the clutch but it just slips and does not stall the engine. Low rpm’s seam to get a little more bite. Truck will get stuck in a slight incline or a puddle

The slave cylinder end wobbles a lot, not sure if that is normal.

I’m searching for the bell housing plug and will scope it with a bore scope.

Any suggestions on what else I should do before the cab is removed?

tmcnaney

I was able to move 5-6 dumptruck loads....then it stopped moving.

Today I was able to back up a hill, then it got stuck in a small dip.

Neghibor said sand in the bell housing might help.....