• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unknown bracket ????

WV New Guy

Anyone know what's supposed to go in this bracket I checked the TMs and hundred of pics looking for one and had no luck . Maybe the brain trust here can tell me I hope.image.jpg

WV New Guy

Never used a M8 very interesting . I know the military chem detectors i have used were rugged i dont think i would mount them under a 5 Ton bed. I know from bumper number research truck was used by Military Intelligence Co. That would answer that .

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was not clear, yes it is an M42 Chemical Agent alarm bracket. It is half of the unit. the other half (M43 Chemical Agent Detector) sits on the fender or.... M8 is the "overall system"

Capture50-2.jpg

Last edited:

WV New Guy

Wow pretty cool to know been wondering for almost a year now . Carnac you don't happen to have one of those whoopee boxes now do ya? Just in case I do a full military rebuild but I'm gonna have to change the paint back to Sand as I painted it Tan.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The bracket for holding the "sniffer" is one of the hard parts to find as it had a demill code on it. Depending on which Mv some are mounted in the cab, at halts they are moved to out front and up wind with WD-1 wire.
M977_M8_ChemicalAlarm.jpg