• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unusual clutch behavior on 68 M35A2

hnybdgr92

So I'm not sure really what is going on with my trans, but it seems like my clutch is slipping. I know that's impossible as I just replaced it. It seemed to go away when I put a new fuel injection pump on it, but when I turned the throttle up for more power, the slipping came back. Usually starts acting up if I'm on a longer run, anything over 20 minutes. I'll stop and let it rest for 5 minutes and its fine. I was told it was just the lubrication oil slinging against the clutch face, since there are really no seals in the Spicer, it was common to see it get too slick. Is this true? or is there something wrong?

rustystud

Are you sure it is adjusted properly ? There should be 1.5" to 2" clutch "Freeplay" on the pedal. If it doesn't have that then it is adjusted wrong. As far as the transmission front oil slinger goes. If you over-fill the transmission it can "fling" out the gear oil onto the clutch. You would also see a puddle of transmission oil after it sets for awhile.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, if theres oil leaking out of the bellhousing id bet its gear oil. A quick smell will confirm G/O or motor oil. The way the flywheel is designed, its hard for motor oil to get to the clutch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks