• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veggie Oil 6.2l CUCV

superflydude

How good of a candidate would an 85-86 CUCV Blazer be for a veggie oil conversion? Do those motors have a lot of issues/ did the govt just beat the hell out of them? I see one for sale with about 75000 miles and not a much rust for 5000 is it worth it? Any feedback would be good to go. thanks.

Mike_Pop

I've run 50/50 WVO & diesel in my M1009 without any problems or conversion. I did have an issue with gelling in cold weather.

I've got my M1009 for sale in the SS classifieds if you are interested. Located in NJ.

superflydude

I'm in ny and have a guy that wants to sell me a prtyy nice one for 3000 so I think I'll take him up on that one but thanks guys.

superflydude

Yeah I'll have a dual tank and pump on it I'm just wondering how good the engine itself is. I just dont want to constantly be putting new parts on it because it is always breaking down ya know.

superburban

I have 30,000 miles on my 85 civvy Suburban with the 6.2 with a 2-tank conversion. I ruined 4 injector pumps in the first 5000 miles before I figured out that I needed to verify that my oil was hot before switchovers! I installed an engine coolant temp guage in the fuel line right befor the IP and started to pay attention to my fuel temps If it dipped below 130 F, I would switchover to diesel for a little while. I added a FPHE and a coolant wrap around my VO filter, and I have gone the last 25,000 miles without problem.

superburban

I'll sell you my Superburban, with the SVO conversion for 1200$ if you make it go away. I have some new toys to play with, and the Superburban just sits, unloved. PM if interested