• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veteran's Day Parade - Norman OK

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear that you can't make it. We have the Convoy on the 26th and the Edmond Light Parade on Dec 1st.

9 hours and counting for in the morning. Looks like it willbe cold and windy.

M813A1

Ok Guys !! What a Great Day for the Veterans Day Parade !! I had a Great Time And Enjoyied the parade !!! It was Nice to See a Good gathering of trucks !! Did anyone get pictures ? I did not have mt camera bcause my dogs ate this past week !! Great Job again Oklahoma Convoy of the SS !!!

Happyland1410

I had a great time! Two years ago today I bought my deuce (from the bully) and it finally got to be in a parade :mrgreen:

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

Happyland1410

More pictures:

Attachments

merlot566jka

Thanks for setting this up. This was an absolute blast! I cannot wait for something like this again!
It was great to put faces to the names. Unfortunately I don't think I'll remember everyone, we gotta do stuff like this more often so I can remember everyone.

And after the ceremony, I wasn't trying to lead everyone... I was moving so my brother could follow me individually over there. Haha... Then before I knew it everyone was behind me and I didn't even know where we were going! I was totally freaked out and felt bad that I just took the lead by accident. Then I couldn't figure out my gps while driving... And it got hectic for a second there! I apologize to whom ever it was with the cucv that was leading, and to everyone else following. My bad guys!

My pics came out virtually the same as those already posted...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
... Then before I knew it everyone was behind me and I didn't even know where we were going! I was totally freaked out and felt bad that I just took the lead by accident. Then I couldn't figure out my gps while driving... And it got hectic for a second there! I apologize to whom ever it was with the cucv that was leading, and to everyone else following. My bad guys!
You did pretty good for a swabbie. :razz:

Glad you could come out.

I want to thank everyone that attended. I will post name tomorrow

BigHank

not to brag or anything but as long as I'm carrying another Marine in dress blues I don't think anyone even sees the other trucks.

but seriously it was tons of fun. looking forward to the convoy next

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank every one that showed up yesterday. We had 13 vehicles in the parade.

OKC38CDN
BigHank
Cleptomaniac
Cleptomaniac's wife
Cleptomaniac's buddy Bob
Happyland
Jondale
Kasier M35A2 -thanks for carring the BlueStar Mothers [thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]
Merlolot566jka
OEFisher- BIG THANKS for carring the Women Veterans [thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]
M1075
M813A1
Warthog

And what event would be complete without chow.

Attachments

Last edited:

OEFISHER

I had the privilege to carry a group members from the Oklahoma Women Veterans organization in the parade. What an honor! The group ranged from a women marine from WW2 to a young lady who just left the service and everything in between. And I have to say and I am ashamed to say the WW2 marine made it up the boarding ladder better than I can! Sorry I for got my camera but I can assure you we had a great time and to see the smiles on these women veterans faces made my day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks