• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Everywhere

JTugwell

Hey everyone. Ive always noticed that I have a few spots on my truck that look like they are always wet. The one most noticeable is around the passenger side hood hinge. Well i drove it the other day, and when i stopped i noticed some water on the ground. Opened the hood, and the passenger side of the engine is wet. Turbo, block, everything. I had a friend get in the truck and push the brakes. I have a lot of mist coming out of the brake vent in the engine compartment. quite a bit actually. the first time he really stomped on the brakes it shot crap all over me. seemed to get better as we worked them repeatably. I did a search and found that you can lubricate the air pack with compressor oil. Will this help remove this water? The brakes work great. I drain the tanks every time i get done using the truck. I get quite a bit of mist from this, but this is Florida. Humidity is always way up there, so i didn't think to much about it. If this is a major cause for concern I wanted to get a leg up on it as soon as possible. What do you think? If you need some pictures i can try to get some this afternoon.

wsucougarx

Some guys use air tool oil, BFS, or OHT to lubricate their air packs. Have you tried disconnecting the master cylinder vent line and clear the line with air? Pics would be great:wink: