• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what can I expect to pay for commercial tags and ins.?

10mm fan

If I register the vehicle as commercial and insure it as such, about what can I expect to pay for a year?

thanks,

monkeythumbs

I'm in Ohio so these rates may differ a lot. I had "Farm Tags" that ran $230/6months and a commerical policy through State Farm for $47+/- a month. Yeah I know that truck has been sold and I'm running Historic tags annd insurance on the new truck. Hope this helps for comparision.

SGTStewart

In Minnesota my "Y" plate are $109 a year and through State Farm Ins, I have Collector ins at$108 a year. Down side for Ins is I can only put 2000 miles a year ( that might be tough :-D)

Chevytruck

DUDE it depends on your insurance, and what you have it plated as, for example, getting commercial is going to cost more than getting it plated as a normal vehicle.

depends on state, check with your DMV

Hammer

I first had my deuce insured as commercial, with limited mileage, but unlimited usage. State Farm was $209/6 months. Not bad really.
Registration is between $500 to $900 a year, depending on how you list the GVWR.

jbird3898

i upped my wieght class to 25430 so my registration cost 405 a year but i told my insurance company i was only using ot for promo services for the business so they only charage me 400 a year

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ohio here, about $185 for commercial plates with 23000 GVWR, and my commercial policy with a farm vehicle stipulation, unlimited use and mileage is $68/6months

MiltonFine

Just looked up PA myself: $405 for registration, plus inspection ($100?). That seems a bit steep considering within 5 years I'll have equaled the value of the truck in registration payments! :evil:

I think, since this is for my farm, I'll register it with farm plates. That will cost me $185 for registration plus inspection, which is a little more tolerable. If I only wanted to go 10 miles from the farm, it would only cost $50/year, no inspection required. :|

And we haven't even gotten to insurance yet!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks