• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What in the world did I get myself into?!?!?

Dear SS friends... I am in need of some serious help. I have a close friend of mine who owns a dairy. :3dAngus: We were wondering around his dairy one day and I saw this truck. Instantly I knew I wanted it. :drool: Today he surprised me and brought it over. :jumpin: It strikes me as a military truck (because the paint, lack of creature comforts, and markings) but I can't find ANY examples of it, or information about it ANYWHERE on the interwebs! aua But it definitely says US ARMY on it. So, I figured before I drove myself crazy, I would turn to the vast knowledge that is within the ranks of SS. I've attached a few pictures, and it was a race against the sun to get them, so, I'm sorry about the quality (or lack thereof) Anyway, I am truly excited for this build! But, first I'd like to know what I've gotten myself into and if there is any interesting history with this vehicle, so I can pay homage to it with my build.

20160723_205708.jpg20160723_205902.jpg20160723_205840.jpg20160723_205815.jpg20160723_205804.jpg20160723_205744.jpg20160723_205735.jpg20160723_205727.jpg20160723_205717.jpg20160723_205908.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So there are plenty of civvy vehicles the military buys-they don't just own tanks and jeeps. Think of your local recruiter and all their Dodge Caravan minivans.

This is obviously a vehicle that was purchased to do some kind of work on a base or installation, it just isn't a true tactical vehicle, in that it isn't designed to be in a combat zone.

Super cool and the sheetmetal looks great.

So, Kinda like a CUCV? I was surprised with it sitting in a field for probably 30 years that it was in such great shape. The inside is pretty messed up and the driver door takes the strength of a spartan to open and close, but I think it's going to be a fun build. The markings on it intrigue me. "ORD-TOD" and "TMP-###" on the front.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's super cool. Photograph the heck out of it and go slow when sanding to see what other markings show up. Did you find any brass data plates added anywhere? Too cool.

tankdriver

Ord = Ordnance

TOD = Technical Operations Division

TMP = Transportation Motor Pool

No black out lights, has turn signals, kinda unusual. Might be a really rare find.....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks