• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this cable?

Truckoholic

I found this brand new cable laying on the floor of my newly acquired 1987 M925A1. It still had protective plastic taped on the ends when I found it. I can't see where on the truck it would go.

IMG_3576.jpgIMG_3577.jpgIMG_3578.jpg

The truck was overhauled at Red River Army Depot in 01/2005.

IMG_3580.jpgIMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3574.jpgIMG_3575.jpg

I found this big stack of papers on the floor of the truck and wasn't sure what they were, but I researched the NSN on the little paper. That particular one is for a "Ultralight Camouflage Net System (ULCANS), Type IV, Radar Scattering, Woodland, AN/USQ-150" So these papers are apparently for cargo or whatever, and don't have anything to do with the truck itself.

EDIT: Okay, just went and looked, and every one of the papers has the same NSN on them. So it appears they must have hauled a load of 73 Camo Nets in this truck, and just left the stack of papers on the floor board.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

It probably does not go anywhere on your truck. As you found items scattered about from previous transporting, It would seem to be just another dropped forgotten item perhaps?

Truckoholic

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Doesn't look like something that would be anywhere on this truck. Still curious as to what it does go to though. ha ha

It probably does not go anywhere on your truck. As you found items scattered about from previous transporting, It would seem to be just another dropped forgotten item perhaps?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Now all you need is the SINCGARS installation kit and radio and you'll be all set. It connects the radio to VAA. Total value, maybe $5 and that's probably a stretch since so few folks have SINCGARS or even mock setups.

Truckoholic

I love when you buy these trucks with covers on them, and find treasures inside:) I bought this M925A1 from a private party. First time I'd done that. In the past, my other ones all came from GL. But, this guy bought this truck 3 years ago through GL in Washington, had it hauled home, and was going to turn it into a water truck, but just ended up never doing it. So it sat on his property in the same condition it was ever since he bought it, so he decided to finally sell it for $4500 to me.

So today, I decided to take the cover off. I had already peeked in there and could see a bunch of big hunks of old styrofoam stuff like they had dismantled a boat dock or something. So that kind of pisses me off, because now I'm going to have to go deal with getting rid of a whole truck load of that nasty messy crap. But hey, it will be a fun trip to the dump once I get this truck running.

But anyway, after I took the cover off and looked in better, I could see some stuff under the foam blocks. And found what appears to be soft top covers to some vehicle, although I can tell they are not soft tops for this truck, or an M35. Any idea what they go to?

IMG_3582.jpgIMG_3584.jpg

Up toward the front of the truck, I discovered this rubber tub filled with ratchet straps, a nice new extra jerry can holder, and most thankfully the missing bumper clevis' that I just today noticed were not on the front of the truck! I went to put the winch chain through them like I've done on my other winch trucks, and realized there were none! ha ha So I was very happy to discover these ones in that rubber tub in the back of the truck. Sadly, there were no 1 inch pins with them, so I got on Ebay and found some and bought them.

IMG_3583.jpgIMG_3586.jpg

And found this little section of netting.

IMG_3587.jpg

ke5eua

Also used as a fill cable for the old ancd.
Its a radio cable of some sort.
Aha. Found it!
Cooper Industries A3167702-2

Description: 6 PIN AUDIO CABLE MNT PLUG

There's even one on Ebay for $45 ha ha
Now all you need is the SINCGARS installation kit and radio and you'll be all set. It connects the radio to VAA. Total value, maybe $5 and that's probably a stretch since so few folks have SINCGARS or even mock setups.