• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is this on top of the m105 trailer?

pd2fly

I've been looking for a S-250 communications shelter and M105 trailer combo.

While searching I came across this.

An ideas? Name, nomenclature, where I can buy one? Didn't see anything similar in the classifieds; can't even find an S-250 or M105 for sale.

Thanks,

Bruce

Attachments

KsM715

Do you really need a 105? I'm in the process of putting my 250 shelter onto a M116a3. Hope to have it up on the trailer this weekend, then all I have to do is secure it. Then the combo is going up for sale.

As for whats in the pic, it looks like some Unit Built (or homebrew) fabricaion.

Attachments

Last edited:

pd2fly

if I had known about the M116a3 I would have included it, also

I live near by in Iowa, so I am very interested in your project.

Please post pictures/price/contact info/etc

And tyvm for your reply.

Bruce

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've looked at a lot of Army surplus in my day but never have I seen one of those. Looks like a Viet Nam era CBC.

steelandcanvas

KsM715;[SIZE=2 said:
1245390[/SIZE]]Do you really need a 105? I'm in the process of putting my 250 shelter onto a M116a3. Hope to have it up on the trailer this weekend, then all I have to do is secure it. Then the combo is going up for sale.
Sweeeet! Let us know how that works out for you. Nice idea.

eagle4g63

Am I the only one that noticed you are asking about a "Trailer" in the "CUCV" forum instead of the "Trailer" forum............I know that would make sense:cookoo::patracy:

KsM715

I live near by in Iowa, so I am very interested in your project.

Please post pictures/price/contact info/etc

And tyvm for your reply.

Bruce
Done. (I know it needs to be set back, I have a bunch of heavy stuff stored in there right at the door and that was making it very tail heavy.)

Attachments

135gmc

You see oddball sheetmetal projects from the USAF - they have lots of sheetmetal skills to keep the planes pounded round, and it's fairly easy for them to build something - as long as it's aluminum.