• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What makes a VIC-1

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Had a lot of questions about stuff I was selling so here is a layout of a basic VIC-1 system. I put out signs showing what is what but in case it doesn't show up----

Battery -> CX ? cable -> MX-7777 Surge Supressor -> CX-13908 cable -> Mount MT1029 -> CX-4723 cable -> Amplifier AM-1780 (also known as a J-Box) -> CX-4723 cable -> Control Box C-2298 (also known as a C-Box) -> headphone/microphone set

The Mount MT1029 is made to hold a 12 series radio such as the RT-524 which makes an AN/VRC-46 radio set. By adding certain components you change the radio system such as adding additional mounts and radios or adding a listening only receiver set R-442 which makes and AN/VRC-47. Other than the Mount MT-1029, none of this is shown in the photo.

Various types of microphone and headsets can be used on the C-2298 box. There are integrated ones with the microphone mounted on the headset. You can also use a separate headset and microphone as shown. Or you can use a loudspeaker and microphone. A lot of choices here.

The amplifier AM-1780 has 3 hook up positions on the top and one on the bottom for the CX-4723. The CX-4723 from Mount MT-1029 must go into the plug in point marked J-801 on the amplifier.

I hope this helps folks visualize what they need.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On mine, I cheated and used a CX4720 straight from the battery to the AM1780. The MX7777 is highly suggested.

sermis

Here is how I have mine right now. I was going to mount behind the seats but I am going to install the reinforcement plate and not sure on room. I also thought about mounting to the hard top but most likely will remove the top in summer.
There is a guy on e-bay selling the helmets. If you have kids they will think it is cool. I got the small for my son. It is complete except for the “Y” cable.

Attachments

Cdub

RE: Control box hookup

Thanks BC........Can I go from Control Box to Control box as well with a small little 4723 jumper......??

I'm also having other issues........I'll shoot ya a PM.

Cheers,

C'dub

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right I am slightly confused. I got it from the AM-1780 out. What do you do if you want the MX7777 surge suppressor without the MT1029 radio mount? Is it the CX-4720 from the battery to MX-7777 surge suppressor to a CX-13089 cable that attaches to the AM-1780?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
All right I am slightly confused. I got it from the AM-1780 out. What do you do if you want the MX7777 surge suppressor without the MT1029 radio mount? Is it the CX-4720 from the battery to MX-7777 surge suppressor to a CX-13089 cable that attaches to the AM-1780?

Yep, the 13089 cable goes to the 1780 (bottom right if I remember correctly.

I would also highly suggest getting the manual downloaded. There's other settings and plug ins you should know about.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. I finally found a source for the missing parts and wanted to order them ASAP. Problem being I am 2,000 miles from my truck or manuals. I thought I was right just wanted to confirm. Thanks CARNAC!:wink: