• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What would a dodge cucv look like?

indy4x4fab

Banned
Well finally got around to painting the wife's dd and we went with rustolem flat back professional around the bottom to hide the rust a bit better, as well as most mid 80s dodges where two tone, and bear house paint on top. Bolted two pairs of hummve shackles to the front and rear bumpes, added the stock m880 lower shackle mounts as well and a large push bumper with a set of off road lights (to be added later). still have to add the roof rack back on top and touch up the paint on the wheels. They all will be flat black, along with the roof rack, too.

Trying to talk Mrs. Indy in to letting me add an antenna on one side of the rear of the truck and a convoy light atop the pole on the other side.

It's been nick named the xm889 Ramcharger, a cross between the m1009 blazer and the m880 1 1/4 ton dodge trucks.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish Dodge had won the CUCV contract. (did they even offer a demonstrator?) The body would be rusting apart but the electrical would have been way easier!!!!!

Looks good.

ryan77

I dont know whats worse a 80's dodge or a 80's Chevrolet!!! A ram charger with a cummins would have been cool though!!!

indy4x4fab

Banned
I dont know whats worse a 80's dodge or a 80's Chevrolet!!! A ram charger with a cummins would have been cool though!!!
One day we would like to put a 4bt in the RC, it might be a little light on the h.p. but the torck would be better then the stock 360 v8 4bbl that's in it, and the mpg would be greatly improved, too.

Oh and the wife ran out of gas this morning so I had to recover her to the gas station thios morning, I forgot to get gas before i got home last night.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
oops, yep, forgot the M880. I was thinking more of a 1980's diesel version, and the ramcharger ala M1009.

ODdave, I suppose you have a point there, the Gov would have just bastardized a Dodge's electrical system too.

Guppycaptain

My very first military vehicle was a 1978 Dodge straight cab pickup, 4x4, with a 318 V8 gas engine, 3 speed auto trans. It had a Dana 70 in the rear, and a Dana 60 in the front. Five quarter springs, and a 2WD Low setting on the transfer case lever. I do not know what the M designation was, but I know it came from the Air Force fleet. It was 24v electrical as well.

Just picked up a M1009 at auction a couple weeks ago. Seems to run well, and rust free. First car for my fifteen year old. He has OD running through his veins. His Grampa was a China Marine in 47'. The kid loves his stories.

Here is a Dodge just like the one I had. You will see it 1:19 into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myokI2vmb-I&feature=related

Last edited:

Mercunimog404

Banned
My very first military vehicle was a 1978 Dodge straight cab pickup, 4x4, with a 318 V8 gas engine, 3 speed auto trans. It had a Dana 70 in the rear, and a Dana 60 in the front. Five quarter springs, and a 2WD Low setting on the transfer case lever. I do not know what the M designation was, but I know it came from the Air Force fleet. It was 24v electrical as well.

Just picked up a M1009 at auction a couple weeks ago. Seems to run well, and rust free. First car for my fifteen year old. He has OD running through his veins. His Grampa was a China Marine in 47'. The kid loves his stories.

Here is a Dodge just like the one I had. You will see it 1:19 into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myokI2vmb-I&feature=related
I know the 880s used a Dana 44 front and Dana 60 rear. Not sure why yours would have a 60 and 70 unless it was a super one ton.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks