• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get M113 spark plug wires?

Wintermute

Anyone have any idea where to get the spark plug wires for an M113? I'm also looking for autolite shielded spark plugs that are the same as the R44 or R43 spark plugs for thread and head. Anyone have any ideas? :)

Thanks in advance.

--Wintermute

jasonjc

You can get the shielded spark plugs at O'Reilly auto parts. I got I think autolite there befor. I had the number and they had to order them in but they had them in there waerhouse so they stock them. Now if you ask the kid at the counter for shielded spark plugs I bet you $$ they will just look at you funny. The store I got them from even ask if I wanted them to keep some in stock for me.

Have no idea on the wires.

Wintermute

yeah, I know I can get the autolite plugs :) Just don't know which ones are the same spec for thread and head length, etc... as the R44's. Honestly, I don't even know where to find a spec sheet which gives that information for any of the plugs either civilian or shielded.

--Wintermute

B3.3T

Go civilian. carb too. On a M75 Mopar, you won't believe the improvement. Worth every penny x5. Those are very weak systems with all the shielding.

jasonjc

I have a spark plug list for older military vehicles. It does not list a M113 or a "R44" but does show a WR44 witch is a AC# it's a 14mm with a 3/8" reach this cross to a autolite 2243. They also show 44 cross to autolite 294 same dia and reach.

Hope this helps some.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wr-44

W prefix designates "Waterproof" on these plugs.......heat ranges remain the same as
non military counterparts The R designates Resistor Mainly for ign. noise suppression..,.....BILL / popacom[thumbzup]