• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get packard connectors?

ida34

Where can I get connectors for my deuce? I need to wire some stuff and want to keep it original equipment looking.

Chuck

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can sell you one of these bundles for $20.00, shipping included.
It has about 100 ft of 16G hypalon jacketed wire plus Packard connectors and molded splitters as shown in the diagram below.
I use them all the time, just cut and splice the wires, no need to assemble the connectors and the splitters are very handy.
Only have a few left. PM me with if interested.

Attachments

ida34

Ok Bjorn I am in for $20 for one set. How do you want payment? Were these the blackout kits I saw on ebay a while ago? I also wanted to say I enjoyed your article on bio-diesel and wvo. I plan on trying to make bio-diesel in the next year. My wife thinks I am nuts but I now want to go diesel on all my vehicles. I figure on getting a cheap diesal Mercedes and a CUCV for my daily driver. It seemed complicated at first but your article and some others I saw made the fuzzy picture come into focus.

Thanks
Chuck

rmgill

I would still prefer a proper assortment kit for these. That'd make my work far easier when it comes to re-wiring things. Heck, if I'd had an assortment of these, I'd have used those rather than the standard crimp on style connectors you get at autozone. Still, those shoudld work fine given I slathered on two coats of liquid electrical tape on the connectors.

I wonder if we could all get together on a bulk buy and make some assortment kits. Be nice on the road too.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Chuck, your wire harness will be in the mail later today.

Ryan, the beauty about the harnesses I have is that the crimping is already done, I just cut and splice the wires with the connectors as needed. The splicing can be done with any of several standard methods. Also, the "splitters" are the greatest, molded one wire in two or three wires out (see diagram above).
If you buy Packard connectors in bulk you will need all parts of course and a crimping tool for these particular terminals.
The hypalon jacketed wire is also original.

Don't you all come calling at once, I only have a couple of them left. :)

Have a great day!

rmgill

I'd rather not have to splice wires. Run a continuous wire to a connector. I don't mind splicing in at a single point a bunch of wires, but that preference is for the ends at the lights and components I've added so I can remove individual components.

ie I'd prefer
Light----wire-----Connector >] Connector -----wire-------termination.

Rather than
light ------wire---splice----wire----connector>]Connector----wire----splice----wire-----termination

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Chuck, did you receive yours yet?

The vinyl tape comes off real easy and doesn't leave any residu.
The splitters saves a lot of hazzle and makes for a more reliable wiring.
Don't know where one could find those individually for that matter...
When you rewrap your harness, get a quality black vinyl tape, it makes a difference.

Spend like $5 for a roll of Scotch/3M Super 88 or similar.
For cable ties, use the black UV resistant kind only, unless you are covering it with the vinyl tape.

ida34

I did get them the other day. Now I need someone to turn up the heat outside so I get all these Deuce projects done.

Chuck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wonder if we could all get together on a bulk buy and make some assortment kits. Be nice on the road too.
I considered creating a new thread for this, but since it had already been covered, I'll try it here.

About the cheapest I have found new Packards is Erik's, but man, the cost is adding up fast when doing projects like backup lights and side markers.

1. Does anyone have a source for bulk purchases at steep discounts? I'd buy a thousand (12/14ga male/female) if I could get them cheap enough, then I'd sell the excess.
2. Anyone want to go in on a group buy?

Thanks

C

And I just found one of the companies that makes these.

http://www.amerline.com/singlewire.htm

Looks like they make the trailer, Slave and other types of connectors too.
That link is now obsolete, superseded by: http://www.amerline.com/MSSingleWire.html

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks