• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to mount offroad lights on the grillguard? need ideas

Dabba

i originally wanted to mount my two kc daylighters 6" 150w behind the grill to keep it stock looking, but im thinking they would melt the grill. I went outside to try to see where i can put on removable mounts so i can put them on and off when i please, but the only spot i can see to put them is right below the headlight and in front of the directional. I tried other spots but the driversider is difficult. The light would stick out too far because of either the bridge rating plate or the blackout drive light. Anyone else mount lights like this? i need ideas. Would either like them to be undercoverish or removeable.. Thanks

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My suggestion, return those lights. Buy a pair of military armored vehicle lights. They're 24 volt, they look military, and as one person put it "They're flame throwers" because they put out so much light.

Here's some old pictures of mine. It had just come out of the body shop and had new paint. The lights were put on by them in the wrong position. They should be in the next spot down on the brush guard. These are infra-red lights but they also have ones out there with clear lenses. These have both hi and low beam or you can hook up both beams on a hot wire and use them as fog lights. They are bright as can be.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/16657-before-after-pictures.html

Dabba

they are gifts so not an option.. i kinda wanted them behind the guard but i guess that would work, just gotta make a removeable clamp for the guard and plug for the lights i think. The lights are black, but since theyll be removable i think i wont bother painting them

gt1009

I have mine with the mount facing forewards on the front of the grille. Then I just turned the lights 90 degrees and it looks pretty good. I'll take pics tomorrow in the light.

Croatan_Kid

You can kinda see how I mounted them. They're upside down though. I just cut about a 4" piece of metal and mounted them so they're behind the grille guard and not sticking out in front of it.