• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a deuce accept two PTO's?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can find one you can mount a pto off the rear of the t-case, they came on M49's I know to drive the rear water/fuel pump.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they also had some that mount to the transmission PTO to run the winch on the pipeline trucks. Pipeline trucks also had the t-case PTO for the rear auger.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Yes, I have one on the transmision (powers the winch) and one on the transfer case that powers my hydraulic pump. If you decide to go with a pto on the transfer case be aware that there are at least three different outputs available... A flange, a yoke, and a sprocket. They (the outputs) should be interchangeable, but almost impossible to find without buying the entire pto setup. It is also possible to add a rear accesory drive to the winch pro that gives a rear output.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
they also had some that mount to the transmission PTO to run the winch on the pipeline trucks. Pipeline trucks also had the t-case PTO for the rear auger.
the pipe line truck used the tc pto for the rear winch, the line trucks had the auger/pole setter

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I think truck you are thinking of would be One of the telephone trucks, the pipeline had it's winch chain driven off of the t-case pro. Which by the way more robust than the pto for the front mounted winch

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you could get a dual output trans pto, like what is used on the dumps

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The standard deuce PTO, facing forward for the winch, attached to the transmission.

Standard PTO plus rear facing PTO output, used on dump trucks.

Transfer case PTO to the rear, fuel, water and other trucks.

Also, the standard winch PTO has a 6 bolt cover that can be removed and another PTO piggy backed to it. I don't know of anyone that has done it, but it can be done.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, the standard winch PTO has a 6 bolt cover that can be removed and another PTO piggy backed to it. I don't know of anyone that has done it, but it can be done.
I've looked at that cover on the PTO and wondered about that. Never accually seen it done though. I wonder if the gears would line up?

The problem I see with running a rear winch off of a trans PTO accessory drive is that you'd only have one speed in one direction. I think a t-case PTO would be much better for a rear winch (5 forward speeds and one reverse).

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i have a forward-neutral-reverse pto unit from a m-757 that could be adapted. it is a stand alone unit with shaft in and shaft out.

tom

deuce_09

see im not sure exactly how it works on a deuce but for example when my uncle had his wrecker going, he had a front winch,a rear winch and a "power tower" for the air compressor all on the tranny.it had a place for a pto on ea. side of the tranny and the "power tower" was on top.and the way the winch worked was you put the tranny in neutral and engage the winch in either foward or reverse and you just let the clutch out all the way and it pulls and if you want it to pull faster just rev the engine up. does it work the same on a deuce?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The deuce trans PTO has a high, low, and reverse with the output going toward the front for the front winch. The accessory drive mounts on the back of the trans PTO and goes toward the back with one direction and one speed.

The t-case PTO is like the "power tower" you speak of. It has use of all the transmission gears and comes out of the back and top of the t-case.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've looked at that cover on the PTO and wondered about that. Never accually seen it done though. I wonder if the gears would line up?
Look at the two pics attached and you will know the answer.....

The problem I see with running a rear winch off of a trans PTO accessory drive is that you'd only have one speed in one direction. I think a t-case PTO would be much better for a rear winch (5 forward speeds and one reverse).
:ditto:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks