• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Yoke Identification help

hoopsoft

So I got a winch from a guy, and everything else off another m35a2, PTO, drive shaft, brackets, etc.

My winch looks like the normal deuce winch but the one piece I was missing was the winch yoke to PTO driveshaft yoke U-Joint.

I look up what you guys are saying the whole spicer 5-153x and go the parts store with my yoke, and it doesn't even come close to fitting... What fits my winch yoke is a spicer 170, alot smaller.

In doing my research the only thing I can come up with is maybe this came off a m211 or m135?

If this is true are the worm gear shafts the same size and could I just get a different yoke from a m35a2 winch...

(my shaft is a 1.25 diameter.. smooth (no splines), 5/16 sheer pin hole)

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winch drive shaft U-joint

It has been said before: normally there goes a common 1310 series U-joint (5-153X and others, 3.219" over caps, 1.0625" cap diam.)

Only once I had an odd (gasser) DS taking a smaller U-joint and yokes on the winch side, can't tell the size. Possibly not OEM stuff.
But I'm pretty sure the winch input shaft diam. was - and always is 1.25", for all 10K Garwoods.

So if your DS comes from an A2 it should have the yoke for mentioned std. size U-joint and all you need is to find the correct size yoke for the W. input shaft.
Also: its not to difficult to make that part, out of a rear DS from an old Jeep or most any 1/2ton truck....

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks