• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winterization/arctic kits install

eagle4g63

With the part you circled, what do you think the problem will be? Those parts are all original to the kit, I pushed the pipe onto the elbow all the way and screwed it together instead of using the push pins. I was also going to wrap all of that with header wrap like on race cars to make sure not to have any problems.

In regards to the aluminum ducting, I was talking about the parts inside the cab to the diverter and defrost, not any of the exhaust, the part you circled is stainless steel. The original duct work was cloth with a coil wire inside.

Since I haven't totally finished I could just bypass the battery box with the coolant lines....might do that since I don't think it gets cold enough around here to affect them enough.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got one of these kits that was meant to go in the cucvs, I have been dragging my feet on installing it. Now that there is some info on installation, I might look into messing with it. How much time do you have in installation? Is the kit supposed to have two controllers? Mine has one that works both heaters.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still thinking about the aluminum, the air temp out of the heater is easily 250 °F and the aluminum will get very hot, SCAT (silicon rubber type) type ducting will offer some insulation and won't be that hot, again be careful with any alteration from the original.
The orange ducting in the image below is the SCAT, I'm referring to.

Attachments

Last edited:

eagle4g63

Well I have the service manual scanned into a pdf format.....unfortunately it is over the size limit for me to post it in here.

Is there a moderator that can help with it, I want to upload it so it can be put into the TM section.

This is the manual that I have scanned(this is only the pic of the front cover)

Attachments

eagle4g63

Figured since these were part of the original kit, I would dust off this post and add it here.

I finally got the winter blankets installed. My front grill one was water damaged pretty bad so I bought a replacement one. The blankets make a huge difference in how much better the truck gets up to operating temp....without them it wouldn't quite get there.

All ready for the snow, here are some pics.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks