• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working the Deuce, Vol. 12,385

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the best things I ever did was make the deuce dump. Figured it would come in handy, just didn't realize how much. And Clinto's right, working on the rear is a breeze. Bleeding brakes, parking brake, repacking bearings, is all so much easier.

How much can your's lift clinto? I've had 8 tons in mine without any problems. Try to haul around 7 tons usually.

Dennis

Melvinitis

First thing I am doing when I get my M1028 is make a run to get mulch. Funny how we all think a like. I will be sure to take photos so the mulch guy will think I am crazy too.

Great photos.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
if you can break some of the roots of the last stump you might be able to winch it outta the ground with about 3 snatch blocks. i did this with 10" oak trees. the kubota B21 i had couldnt even lift them, i had to back my trailer to the rootballs and work them on with the loader. i had my front tires burried and i was tied off to somthing for an anchor when i winched my stumps. i also had all 200 ft of cable out.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
3 THINGS:

1. That is neat as can be. I like that dump bed.
2. Now I can use these to convence the spousal unit we need a deuce.
3. WOW, YOU MUST LOVE MULCH (LOL).

Blythewoodjoe

I some how missed this thread. Just a couple of things about Clinto's truck that might be helpful.

First off, when I converted the truck I had no desire to keep it perfectly stock. Not long after that I did but it was too late for the bumperetts. The pump was put under the seat because that was a out of the way place. I didn't cut the frame or anything because I wanted to be able to put it back if I ever chose. All the hinge stuff is bolted in the bumperett holes.

Second, the reason for the sub frame (it's what I call it) was to be able to quickly change the bed out. I wanted to be able to put any bed I wanted on the back and beat it up, and then put my "parade" ready bed on for show and parades. I never got around to putting anything else on. To remove the bed you just remove the couple of bolts on each side, lift the bed off and lower any other cargo bed on. One could make a custom bed for this truck for hauling most anything and then put the stock bed back for shows.

I am thinking about putting a dump under the truck fate has put in my yard again but it will not be so involved. I still think electric pumping is the way to go. I have noticed a lot of people loose their spare tire holder and stuff to put a PTO set up on.

Last thing, the hoist will not lift the weight most of you guys think the truck should carry. My family has two tri-axle trucks and about 3 single axle dump trucks. My deuce was for use around the house. If I needed to haul over 5 tons, I would borrow a real truck (no offence intended). I hauled probably 4 or 5 tons once and the rear axles sounded like they didn't appreciate it. I figure there was not need to abuse the old girl, so I decided to mount the hoist near the back so it could not under any circumstance touch the axles or drive shafts and it would also dump at almost 90 degrees. It's what I wanted so it's what I did. It looks like Clinto is getting plenty of use out of the set up and I hope it continues to work good for him. He of course has the life time warrenty on the welding :wink:

Here's a picture of it with out the bed on it. That's 6" by 1/2" angle I think. It's been a while.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got to play lumberjack today. Another $100 I don't have to spend with a stump grinder courtesy of the trusty Deuce. :razz:

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks good clinto! But! How come the old guy is doing all the physical work? :roll: Is that your dad?
It is my Dad........ in all the pics I post, if there is heavy labor, he seems to be in the thick of it. Not sure how that always happens.

I think he needs a better site foreman. :razz:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A few months ago (actually June of '08 ) I was called out to help a friend of a friend and the pictures were finally forwarded on to me.

A fella had borrowed his friend's skid steer to build a little beach area behind his property and promptly buried the skid steer near the shore. The more he tried to extricate himself, the deeper he got. An F-350 attempted to recover the skid steer with no luck.

That's when I got the call. :-D

Pictures are self explanatory.

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So this happened today:

photo (1).jpgphoto (3).jpg

ballencd

I installed a Scotts Level Lift on my bobbed deuce also but could not find a 24V pump. Where did you find the 24V version? I am running the 12V off one battery and it is difficult to keep it charged if I am working it hard. I normally end up connecting a charger to it plugged into land power while I am loading dirt. I hear that is not good for the batteries.???
Charlie

ralph3162

I found this solution to be quite effective. Dual systems 12v & 24v.Dual Alternator.jpg This dual system from scratch costs about the same as a replacement military alternator. But these alternators put out much more amps. they are much cheaper to replace or rebuild in the future as well.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks