• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zil 135

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool truck. I have long admired the former Soviet-bloc trucks and hope to get an URAL one day. One question on the Zil...does the rearmost axle steer? If so, how does it handle at highway speeds? I know an M274 mule gets a bit "squirrelly."

Jones

Strange set-up. I've seen a video off of a link from one of the Tatra sites and the front and rear axles steer while the center two do not. Makes for tight cornering but I can imagine 'at-speed' it may handle a little funny.

RenatoPietsch

Right beside the Zil a Tatra 813 is and behind the Zil a Kraz 255. With the Zil all axles are propelled and the Zil have 2 engines speed are 85 km/h. One could buy the Zil for 5.000 euro.

robreznik

Hello - I'm in the UK and amongst other trucks own a Zil 135 - yes the rear wheels steer but the turning circle is not tight :!: and yes they have 2 X 7ltr V8 petrol engines that are quite thirsty :cry: but great fun :D . Top speed is around 65kph and they are reasonably good at that speed as the 'balloon' type tyres help to smooth the ride.

We run a website for Russian trucks which you can visit at http://www.zil131.com/ - should you require any information feel free to join and ask!

All the best

Rob Reznik

robreznik

thought I would add a photo of recent local show ( 25 miles and 160ltrs of fuel :( )

how do a put a photo on the board and not use the shortcut route?

All the best

Rob

KMM4x4

ZIL-135 has been equipped with two engines ZIL-375. Fuel consumption reached 140 liters on 100 km. The general power of engines is 360 horsepowers that it isn't enough for such car as ZIL-135. And the engine on such car needs to be installed diesel. Here is how at MAZ-537 the engine diesel 525 horsepowers.