• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zout's Cookout

zout

Robert - come as early as you like - there will be folks already there sitting stuff up for the food and other stuff will have already been pre-setup.
Folks already that have been there know where to head with their food and what the layout is. PB will be bringing up a few more tables as well - so don't forget your dish to bring if you can - bring what you want to drink - bring a bag o ice if you wish - otherwise I will already have ice and a place to stash you drinks to keep them chilly. Bring your fold out chairs. Pretty simple.

We have all the rest of the stuff folks already.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro and I will be there around noon Friday, or at least I will. Plan to leave my LZ at 0900..........Ferro will have to catch me if he is running late.

I am still bringing the M814, and plan to attend the BS get together. I think Zout will have plenty of food for the BS folks, and I am sure someone will direct traffic.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay my plan is something like,

Get up at 0600, get trucks warmed up, Get to Zouts by 0700, release coffee and do recon on porta pottie, harrass those that stayed up to late on Friday night. Pull out for BS Event at 0840 and get setup in line.

Be back at LZ by 1300 hrs, find out who my favorite friend is standing at front of chow line and BS with them and cut in front to get hot food :)

zout

I think Zout will have plenty of food for the BS folks, and I am sure someone will direct traffic.

AHHH as long as anyone coming back down has their own beverages - something to share if they can - seats to sit on - Zout is not supplying just cause someone wants to show up for a handout FOOD.
Its for the SS mv'ers - anyone invited to come are invited to come - but as long as if they can bring something is fine - do not come to drink beverages off others - do not come for free handouts and folks to wait on you to supply you
necessities to have a good time - Zout is not the gobberment.

Its not a place to spend time elsewhere and come here to expect to be fed - cookout is just the cookout - BS/CS run is something all by itself and maybe if spending a lot of time up there - they may feed you and supply you with beverages.

All the run was proposed to be was a run up there and a run back when presented - nothing more than that.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on getting to Zout's around noon on Friday, if work cooperates. I'll participate in Operation BS and then back to Zout's. My wife is already planning on some food to bring. Really looking forward to my third year!

zout

7 days till FF Friday
8 days till Cookout.

I love trying all the baked bean dishes - topping it off with a big helping of nanner puddin

Whiterabbit

I JUST figured out what the B.S. road trip was! :confused:
I thought it stood for "Bull S**t road trip" but I found Andy3's post! Boy Scouts!

Never claimed I was the brightest bulb in the box. :drool:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
lightbulb-hare.jpg

PB, a flash of inspiration. For our conference here on Newcastles (starts April 28), we are going to make T-shirts as well. Once you have decided on the T-shirt, can you send me the layout your printer is using? I can sneak it into our order, so I will have a Cookout T-shirt that same weekend. Much more fun than the conference t-shirt!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Sorry all but due to a family emergency I will not be making it to the cookout! Please take lots of photos for me!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
View attachment 489023

PB, a flash of inspiration. For our conference here on Newcastles (starts April 28), we are going to make T-shirts as well. Once you have decided on the T-shirt, can you send me the layout your printer is using? I can sneak it into our order, so I will have a Cookout T-shirt that same weekend. Much more fun than the conference t-shirt!
I sent you a PM Brother. I'll also send you one of the Commander's shirts...but it prolly won't get there by the 28th...but maybe.

zout

Just gotta say this Tiger.
I am sure if you asked Grandma if you should come down to the cookout or sit around there annoying here and hovering over her - we both know the answer to that one. Besides there is nothing you can do that is not already there for help if she needs it - and I bet someone starts pampering here she is going to kick their butt.

A few of us ole timers here can tell you the same thing - I sure wouldn;t want anyone hovering over me and get on with your own life an business - not being cold or heartless - its just the way some folks are.

You have almost a whole week to keep thinking about it - and when your not sure - call that sweetheart of a girl you have and ask her advice.
If you cannot make it we understand and we'll be thinkin of ya - if you can - you'll be glad you did.

Either way Marine - we have your back.

zout

PB should have done this as he is the IFS anyhow

6 more days till the FF and might be adding some county boil to the mix
7 more days till the cookout (hope ya all have a T shirt left you can buy after Fri night they are SOOOOOO COOOOOL)