• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interested in an LSSV CUCV III

Spring1898

Hello all,
Sold my 02 F350 7.3l truck last year and have been looking around for a replacement.
Normally I prefer 12 valves or 7.3's but I saw a picture of a Crew Cab Duramax LSSV which was probably not a real LSSV but it got me thinking

I have started perusing the threads for info.
Doesn't look like they come up too often for sale. Are they normally expensive? I would expect in need of repair like a lot of military surplus.
Are they impractical to own?

Light Service Support Vehicle LSSV circa 2003.jpg

Jozseph

Hello all,
Sold my 02 F350 7.3l truck last year and have been looking around for a replacement.
Normally I prefer 12 valves or 7.3's but I saw a picture of a Crew Cab Duramax LSSV which was probably not a real LSSV but it got me thinking

Doesn't look like they come up too often for sale. Are they normally expensive? I would expect in need of repair like a lot of military surplus.

View attachment 607540
FWIW Link to a copy of a 2004 LSSV Owner's Manual Supplement.

http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/...te/en/Home/Shared_Resources/PDFs/04LSSVOM.pdf.

Regards

Joseph

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They don't come up often
They usually get a premium since they are so rare and also they are a "normal" vehicle for the most part, not requiring a lot of specialized parts.
Not impractical, just lifted, painted and some minor special parts, otherwise a standard Chevy.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited: