• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Curtain ideas?

Thunderbirds

Hey all,

tomorrow is the big day, the xxx is supposed to arrive ( I don't have a name for the M1123 yet). As far as I know the only issues are no batteries, powers steering is inop (fluid, pump, other issues?), the heater duct between passenger and driver is disconnected, no soft top, no rear curtain, and only 1 door. Probably need new tires this year, yet.

This brings me to the my question for the board members, what did you do for rear curtain other than the soft top curtain? Probably will stick with the soft top and soft doors (will possibly buy @Maineforlife87 's older top), and I am thinking of something more rigid for the curtain, but still removable for hot days. Possibly 1 piece aluminum sheet, with a decent size rear window, painted camo. Are there drawbacks anyone has experienced? Any great designs out there? Pics would be awesome if you're willing to share.

I did a quick search here on the board, but couldn't find much without going through much hay. Maybe I had the wrong search term to find much.

Thanks!

Lee

Thunderbirds

HummerH1 went to the local metal yard and made one along with an entire hard top for cheap. then placed a camper window.

It is pretty terrific.
Oh wow, thanks for the tip. I searched his handle and found this:

Still looking for the original post of his build.