• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CA trip

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we had to unexpectedly fly to CA on Wednesday, so yesterday I checked out the local MV places. First stop was Antelope Valley in Lancaster. They were some of the nicest people I have ever met that are in the retail business. Not to mention I finally got a hard to find spring I have been looking for. :shock: Next I headed to Barstow truck parts. I was amazed at the RUST-free parts!!! There is not a speck of rust on anything. They even let me roam around the lot. Seems they have 2 lots but I only went to the one in the city. They had alot of cool stuff (sorry no pictures). Had 3 restorable M170's that really stood out to me, M109 boxes that were really nice, and while looking around I noticed the OSHKOSH seats and fully adjustable mounts that would be perfect in a duece (going back tuesday). On the way back to Palmdale We took the back roads and were completely surprised at the vehicles you would see in peoples yards and vacant lots-rust free back to the thirties. Once we got to Palmdale hit the local surplus store which had a duece and CUCV inside it, then called it quits for the day.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: CA trip

hndrsonj,
When you g back to Barstow, on the back row, the side where thw fire trucks and stuff are, There are two vehicles over there. One is a no mileage M49 tanker, check that out. The other is an 8X8 tractor. I was gonna take pics of last time I was there, bet forgot the camera. You can't open the drivers door, but the passenger side opens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks