• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NC Members-House to consider MV plate

mtnrebel

House will consider a special MV plate for those with MV's. It will probably pass, but they need at least 300 to be sold before they will consider this. It is suppose to cover any MV and MV trailer, regardless of weight and axles, as long as it is not in commercial use. If I hear anymore info, I will pass it along.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More to the point - how much extra will they cost! Not exactly as beneficial as taxes on legalised weed, but they won't miss an opportunity that's for sure.

As far as "look like" - perhaps they should get those "that have" to come up with designs to get voted on....

Probably be something covered in memorial - emblem -veteran type graphics. But I think a really plain one (low'er viz) that resembles the standard military number would look less incongruous/more in keeping - not even an outlined border.

ARYankee

I know we will be trying to pass some MV friendly legislation in the coming months in Arkansas. I was attempting to have a speciality plate for us but the possibility of our Dept. of Finance balking because of the cost is what was stopping me. Since you have started this thread, I am curious to see if we could get ours to work if we had a possible number figure. Good luck and thanks for sharing!

mtnrebel

The NC specialize tags usually run an extra $10 plus normal fee to register a vehicle. This is all in the early stages and we will see how this turns out.
More to the point - how much extra will they cost! Not exactly as beneficial as taxes on legalised weed, but they won't miss an opportunity that's for sure.

As far as "look like" - perhaps they should get those "that have" to come up with designs to get voted on....

Probably be something covered in memorial - emblem -veteran type graphics. But I think a really plain one (low'er viz) that resembles the standard military number would look less incongruous/more in keeping - not even an outlined border.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wisconsin have some funny ideas of what a collectors military vehicle is.... Extract from http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers...stmilitary.htm .... { Note: There are four former military vehicles that may also be registered as a Collector vehicle. These are the Pinzgauer, Kaiser Jeep M-715, military HUMVEE and GMC DUKW truck models. The owner may choose to register these models as either a Collector (COL) or as a HMV. Different fees and rules apply to these four models only. }I agree with the DUKW, but really - if you are going to single out just four or even any military vehicle as collectable, their ideas are a little skew! No offence intended to owners of the other types - mine are pretty plain Jane too, it's just that the choise is vast and their picks must be- shall we say 'steered' by pork belly lobyists!

DieselBob

House will consider a special MV plate for those with MV's. It will probably pass, but they need at least 300 to be sold before they will consider this. It is suppose to cover any MV and MV trailer, regardless of weight and axles, as long as it is not in commercial use. If I hear anymore info, I will pass it along.
Hope it all goes smoothly but be ever vigilant. Keep a very weary eye towards any new possible restrictions that might come with a special tag.

steelandcanvas

In Colorado, we put our efforts into not being required to display a tag. We still register and insure, and are required to have the plate in our posession, but displaying is optional.

mf5129

beware.i am glad they are considering it.however in this state there are always loopholes.i have 35 years of experience dealing with auto auctions and the like.nc is a tax heavy ,fee laden state that is increasingly hard to do business in.sc and tn are far better.even va is better.millions of manafacturing jobs have left here.this place doesnt seem to want things to become better.its tax and spend.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks