• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air filter element MEP007 genset

NEIOWA

I helped a local FD with obtaining a couple 100kw MEP007 genset. Any ideas on finding a cross ref to civ air filter element #?

-24P says part FS code is 30554 = "Project Manager - Mobile Electric Power" So this part may to unit specific/hard to find a cross. Or used by more than one MEP version

Part # 70-1251 which might be a civ # for some mfg. Part is flat filter square in shape. qty 2ea per gen set.

Goggle gives me:

http://www.mroparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=580508

They need about 4ea not the 30ea min.

papercu

Filter

According to the NSN it is 11 inches wide by 12 inches long and 2.560 inches thick and it's in a aluminum frame. The air flow is 160.0 Cubic feet per minute.
BTW Also fits a Eagle F-15 Wayne

devilman96

RE: Filter

I hate to say this but finding a cross for that is going to be impossible... im no genius but I am pretty talented at digging up some very hard to find PN for odd things. Problem is that size filter is not common to any civilian application that I can find on or off road from 3 different filter manufactures.

I would suggest this... yank the current filtration system and install a Donaldson air unit on it... their very reasonable and easy to service. http://www.donaldson.com/en/engine/support/datalibrary/034266.pdf ... The FKB06 would be the size you need...

If that seems to costly to the department hunt down a used air filter housing from a 5 ton, or???... might be a little large but it will bolt on top with no problem. Napa's heavy exhaust system catalog will have any elbows, rubber, tubing and reducers you may need.

Its a few hours work but in the end you will have a easy to service air filter that you don't have to buy 30 or 40 of.

papercu

filter

You could try
Seco Military Parts & Equipment
Bright Lights Usa
Both places had them last month.
These are the company that supplies them to the military
Donaldson Company, Inc p/n P131919
Falls Filtration Technologies p/n P041012-800-888
Northeast Filter & Equipment Co

Wayne

NEIOWA

RE: filter

They ended up replacing intake with civ unit. They the project set for months. Recent Iowa tornado/floods w/power outage and the again thing genset a good thing so have a local shop working on it. Have one unit running but need ONE part. ANy help would be appreciated.

Anyone have any advice on locating a "Meter, Frequency and Transducer, Matched Set 6625-00-003-0971? Mounted in the control panel, used to adjust engine speed to correct hz.

Same meter may well be used in all the MEP sets.

Waller1

P131919 Filter

The original filter for these gen sets is a donaldson P131919, NSN 2940004361362, aka 70-1251, aka 70-4020. these are hard to find as they are deemed military only. You Can get the Donaldson originals at:
Waller Sales Co.
(615)672-7266
they are in TN.
they run about $60 each and they are working on an aftermarket filter that will be cheaper if there is enough demand for it.

dons@waller-sales.com

hope this helps, I looked for over a week before I tracked any down.

Waller2

The P131919 can be bought at Waller Sales Corporation along with many other filtration needs. They have the ability to cross a lot of OEM filters and sell OEM brands as well. With access to over 400,000 items and 30 years of experience they are hard to beat. They also carry not only filters, but also belts, hose, fittings, Descase products, weatherhead items, bag filters, filter carts, vacuum dehydrators, and many more items. Please contact:

Waller Sales Corportaion
615-672-7266
2941 Union Road
White House, TN 37188

Benn@waller-sales.com
Ben Nyswonger

PeterD

FWIW, this is the same filter in the 004 and 005 generator sets, and probably in the 006 as well. The correct part number is P13-1919 (or P131919). There are some listed on eBay at this time, (not cheap) and I'm sure there are more from time to time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks