• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 Canvas Top Plastic Window Problem

CM1SCWLACY

I have a 1953 M38A1 Willys Jeep with the original canvas top and doors. Unfortunately the plastic windows have what appear to be a comsolene type, tarish protectant on them. Knowing that Jeeps have always had an issue when it comes to what you clean the plastic windows with, I am VERY hesitant to try anything harsher than mild soap and water for fear of hazing them over. But soap and water does not seem to be cutting through the protectant very well. Any ideas or expieriences would GREATLY be appreciated.

mutt1966

Ive had some success using WD-40 usually spray it on leave it set a bit wipe with a soft cloth, repeat till cyrstal clear
Scott O&O

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks