• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun and paint

FreightTrain

Banned
Looking to buy a paint gun in the near future.Don't want to spend a fortune but don't want to buy the cheapest POS around.All I want is something that won't waste a lot of paint,will give a decent smooth paint job.

Also,does anyone offer a paint sample/Chip board of the Gillespie paints?I would like to see what each one actually looks like so I can buy a case or two to paint my truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Binks #7-old standby of the painting industry, I haven't looked lately, but you should be able to find one cheap.

If you really want a gun, look up Sata.

acetomatoco

I get the cheapest (19 bucks) and use it once or twice and toss it away....saves on cleaning ...remember you are trying to get a Military Paint Job...Pristine, better than new gets points off when I judge...orange peel, chalk marks and footprints are the rule... ACE

FreightTrain

Banned
How about one of those 2 gallon Pressure Pots?Found a Binks one pretty cheap.

Another question too,How far would I have to keep the vehicle from any other objects so overspray wouldn't stick?All I have is hte open air backyard shop.

red devils dude

rdixiemiller

RE: Re: RE: Gun and paint

Pressure feed is really what you want for CARC. Speeds up the process, uses less air=less overspray. CARC will carry a good ways and still be wet. I would try to have my overspray going downwind from anything you didn't want freckled with green paint.

Bill W

I've used this gun from Northern for years ( on my 3rd one ) http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_13287_13287
If you check my website below (www) you can see my results., I used Gillespie on my M-37 and M-45A2. I shot single part CARC (686A) on my Lightweight ( Dark Side album). I shot Martin Senour ( Sherwin Williams) automotive paint on my CMI trucks ( the F-600's, F-700 and the Isuzu ). With the remote gun you can reach all the hard to get to spots.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Gun and paint

red devils dude said:
bigmike said:
red devils dude said:
ft I use one of these http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=47016
and I can say they kick bum for $15 it does a great job and I get a very nice finish.
I bought the same one and I bought a 2 qt HVLP pot gun. Both Harborfreight. Both work great.
your useing CARC right for some reason those guns shoot CARC very well.
Yes, i'm using CARC. I'll post some pics w/in the next month or so.

MaximumBob

RE: Re: RE: Gun and paint

Harbor Freight #47016 20 oz. gravity feed spray gun is on sale (at local stores) for $9.99 - regularly $39.99 - I used one of these last weekend to paint the new fenders on my backhoe - they came out great. The gun belongs to a friend, but I plan on purchasing two because they're on sale. The real secret is to make sure that air is oil-free, and dry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks