• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun and paint

FreightTrain

Banned
Looking to buy a paint gun in the near future.Don't want to spend a fortune but don't want to buy the cheapest POS around.All I want is something that won't waste a lot of paint,will give a decent smooth paint job.

Also,does anyone offer a paint sample/Chip board of the Gillespie paints?I would like to see what each one actually looks like so I can buy a case or two to paint my truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Binks #7-old standby of the painting industry, I haven't looked lately, but you should be able to find one cheap.

If you really want a gun, look up Sata.

acetomatoco

I get the cheapest (19 bucks) and use it once or twice and toss it away....saves on cleaning ...remember you are trying to get a Military Paint Job...Pristine, better than new gets points off when I judge...orange peel, chalk marks and footprints are the rule... ACE

FreightTrain

Banned
How about one of those 2 gallon Pressure Pots?Found a Binks one pretty cheap.

Another question too,How far would I have to keep the vehicle from any other objects so overspray wouldn't stick?All I have is hte open air backyard shop.

red devils dude

rdixiemiller

RE: Re: RE: Gun and paint

Pressure feed is really what you want for CARC. Speeds up the process, uses less air=less overspray. CARC will carry a good ways and still be wet. I would try to have my overspray going downwind from anything you didn't want freckled with green paint.

Bill W

I've used this gun from Northern for years ( on my 3rd one ) http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_13287_13287
If you check my website below (www) you can see my results., I used Gillespie on my M-37 and M-45A2. I shot single part CARC (686A) on my Lightweight ( Dark Side album). I shot Martin Senour ( Sherwin Williams) automotive paint on my CMI trucks ( the F-600's, F-700 and the Isuzu ). With the remote gun you can reach all the hard to get to spots.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Gun and paint

red devils dude said:
bigmike said:
red devils dude said:
ft I use one of these http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=47016
and I can say they kick bum for $15 it does a great job and I get a very nice finish.
I bought the same one and I bought a 2 qt HVLP pot gun. Both Harborfreight. Both work great.
your useing CARC right for some reason those guns shoot CARC very well.
Yes, i'm using CARC. I'll post some pics w/in the next month or so.

MaximumBob

RE: Re: RE: Gun and paint

Harbor Freight #47016 20 oz. gravity feed spray gun is on sale (at local stores) for $9.99 - regularly $39.99 - I used one of these last weekend to paint the new fenders on my backhoe - they came out great. The gun belongs to a friend, but I plan on purchasing two because they're on sale. The real secret is to make sure that air is oil-free, and dry.