• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Something different - 1956 Mack B gas dump FS in VA

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw this down the road, I mentioned it in chat on Wednesday night, and a couple asked me to get a couple pics. Here's the info I got about it.

1956 Mack Model B gasoline dump truck. 131,000 miles. Tandem axles. Body is solid, surface rust only. Runs, but runs rough and needs work. Relatively complete, few parts missing. Virginia title. Owner is asking $2,000, but he is flexible, and wants the truck to go to a good home who will take care of the truck, or restore it. Located a couple miles NW of Front Royal VA of Rt. 522. I got his phone number if anyone wants it. Here's a couple pics.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a guy on the Big Mack Trucks forum who is interested in buying this rig, so it may end up in a good home after all. Another truck saved!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
pa.rich said:
Looks the same as the B67 I sold last year. Mine had the diesel. The suspension is much heavier on the truck in the picture .
I suspect the original purpose of this rig was as a rock hauler, hence the need for really heavy iron to hold up the cargo. I don't see a reason why that dump body couldn't hold 20 tons of rock or more.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I worked on an old b model Mack in New York State and it had a Maxidine engine that was in the 3 million mile range still running on it's third body a garbage truck having lived as a tractor, dump and finally relagated to the garbage detail. The guy that ran it was a private contractor picking up garbage in the Berkshires. I would swing for that if I wanted a dump and did not have the tractor on line. Thanks for posting them.

pa.rich

Yes ,in response to the tonnage it would carry 18 to 20 tons, those are the heaviest duty axles and springs. I am not a truck expert but That body is one of the larger ones and the axles and suspension looks the same as the larger redimix trucks that delivered to me when used to pour concrete. They may have used that dumper fo ashphalt road work also. Too bad it doesent have the maxidyne in it . Those were good engines that Mack made. You guys that like the old model B's should check out the "old Macks" site. Good pics and used ones for sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks