• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oklahoma Title questions - New Member

Kenny78

New guy from Oklahoma.

As usual this is an awesome website! I am looking at a m35 that has never been titled. No sf97 whatsoever. Is Title42 Mechanics Lean the only option and has anyone gone that route? My only experience was with a "title" company that cut and run fortunately I paid with credit card. I have yet to follow through myself and am unsure how easy the process is.

any advice would be great

Last edited by a moderator:

Breach27

I would buy one that is titled. I live in NW AR and I know where a couple are at that titled in our area. Both of mine were titled and it made it a lot easier. I know some guys that do sme title work and I could put you in touch with them.

Ryan

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off.....

WELCOME ABOARD :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

That being said...
You'll get much better results if the title of your thread gets the right people to read it.
May I suggest:
"OKLAHOMA Titling Questions from New Member"

If you go to your original post, and click "edit" then at the bottom of the edit window click "Go Advanced" I think you'll be able to edit the thread Title.

Since each state's Titling & Registration Laws vary and are each quite unique, keeping responses focused will get you to your goal more quickly.

I personally invested much time in a thread about Texas' FMV (Former Military Vehicle) Laws. Unfortunately I can offer no specifically helpful input toward your Titling.

Good luck, and again....

W E L C O M E . A B O A R D ! ! !

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Title42 route in OK is relative cheap and fairly easy, it just takes awhile. (Title42 in OK is the mechanics lean option). I have never used it on an untitled vehicle before.

There may be other options.

Oklahoma does not use a Bill of Sale, nor a bonded title, etc.

PM me the details and I'll see if I can help

Last edited:

M715VFD405

If anyone can help Warthog can. All I know about that lean is a mechanic offered and has done work to a vehicle and the owner of said vehicle did not pay them afterwards and a lean for the work was put on it to insure the mechanic either gets his money or the vehicle as compensation for the work done. My question is where did this truck come from if it doesn't have a title or a SF 97? and was it legally obtained to start with? Personally I would take pic of the dash plate or other registration mark and check with the police to make sure it's legal first. Just my 2 cents.

M813A1

You can also consider a Salvage title as well !! You can also file for a lost title but that will take some time for a lost title to come back .. But Warthog can help you he is quite knowledgeable in the paperwork for a Green Machine

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont think you can do a lost title as it has never been titled.

Cleptomaniac

Title 42 is also for storage. But you either have to had it for 6 months or have a bill of sale from someone who has. If I'm not mistaken it is about 150$.

salt6

Title 42 Possessory Lien Procedures on
Vehicles, ATV’s, Utility Vehicles,
Manufactured Homes, Commercial Trailers,
Boats and Outboard Motors

http://www.tax.ok.gov/mvforms/752.pdf

PROCESS 2: Applies to vehicles/ATV’s/utility vehicles/manufactured homes/commercial trailers/boats/outboard
motors titled in another state, or which do not have a certificate of title , or have a certificate of title
on which an active lien is not recorded, or are excluded from PROCESS 1 by 42 O.S. § 91(D), or on
which the lien claimant is either a licensed Class AA Wrecker Service or Salvage Pool, as defined
in 47 O.S. § 591.2. SECTION II / PART 1 of this information packet contains procedural
instructions relating to PROCESS 2. SECTION II / PART 2 contains selected portions of
applicable Oklahoma statutory text relating to PROCESS 2.

salt6

Title 42 is also for storage. But you either have to had it for 6 months or have a bill of sale from someone who has. If I'm not mistaken it is about 150$.
4. Any person claiming the special lien provided in paragraph 2 of this subsection shall mail a notice of such
lien, no later than sixty (60) days after the first services are rendered, by regular, first class United States mail, and
by certified mail, to all interested parties who reside at separate locations. (If services provided are pursuant to a
contract primarily for the purpose of storage or rental of space, the beginning date of the sixty-day period provided in
the previous sentence shall be the first day of the first period or partial period for which rental or storage charges
remain unpaid.) The notice shall be in writing and shall contain, but not be limited to, the following:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks