• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alabama yards?

bamatj

hello, anybody know of any junk yards around northeast alabama? im looking for a deuce rear axle. im also interested in some wheels/tires, and a pto winch. thanks.

Albin

Sam Werner's place in Tracy City, TN is the closest place I know of. Drive into Tracy City from the south on Hwy 41 and it's just before the elementary school, you can't miss it. Call first 'cause he appears to be closed a lot. Make sure to make nice with his dogs - rumor is that he chases off anyone that doesn't like his dogs.

Al

alphadeltaromeo

bamatj...I'd also check with "rdixiemiller", as he has a parts deuce here in Carrollton, GA. He may very well have what you're looking for.

Andy

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a duece rear axle in Rockmart GA just across the state line. I'll sell it for 150$ Also have several extra wheels/tires too.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
And don't confuse Sam Werner's place with Ottocraft, which is basically next door (and the first one you get to).

Regards,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, how does that work? Did Otto buy out a portion of Sam Werners and split the business? I'm confused.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Not real sure. I've always dealt with Sam (nothing but good experiences) - a couple months ago I sent a friend there after some items that I know Sam has dozens of. He stopped, after driving SEVERAL hours, at Ottocraft and asked to buy some of these these - someone there told him "we don't have any" and sent him back on his way.

The ads in MVM are a bit confusing on this as well.

David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks