• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Might get another M886

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking about getting another M886, Why? because it's there.
With 2, I could keep the current one original, and make an olive drab / camo camper special put of this one.
An extra leaf in the springs, all the way around and some Humvee tires? Anyone have a pic how a Humvee rim fits / works on a Dodge

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wishing some one would drop off an M886 at my door. Sucks to be this far south.

N1265

I cant remember.... but I dont think that the Humvee rims will work because of back spacing issues. But I think Mcguyer did put some humvee tires on the orginal dodge rims.... you can try and PM him.

you can never have enough M880s

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking the same thing about the back spacing issue, I think mcguyver used aftermarket rims. I heard somewhere that the Humvee rims will fit.
N1265 said:
you can never have enough M880s
These things seem to breed like rabbits around here!
Recently sold a M882, Currently in the yard are 1 M880, 1 M882, 1 M884, 1 M886 and 1 79W200
(The m882 & W200 are parts trucks)

McGuyver

Don't even think about trying to use the stock 6.75" wide 16.5" wheels that the M880's came with. They are much too narrow to use on humvee tires especially the older 36" tall bias plys. Even the 8.25" wide 16.5 after market spoke wheels I used are pushing it. I've read that it is recommended that with bias plys you go with a wheel that is no more than 3"(?) narrower than the section width of the tire (or maybe it was 2" narrower than the tread-I'll have ot check on that.) Anyway, the general gist I recall, was that for a 12.50" wide tire (section width) like the humvee bias ply, you pretty much need to run a 9.75" wide wheel minimum if you don't want to have problems with uneven wear. Youl'll need to get the wheel back spacing right too. I don't have them on my truck right now so I could probably go out and measure them for you and tell you what I was running. give me a day or two and I'll see if I can get that done.

Here's what it looked like with the bias ply humvee tires mouted (follow the link on the following page)

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5240

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks