• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Automatic Trans?

Pappa-G

:confused: I have seen A few listed at DRMO but they carried an additional identifier (though I cant remember what it is an "E" or "X") I had heard to stay away from them due to there limited production. You know the story : "A better idea that wasn't." :idea: Has any one else made one or adapted an auto or fitted an overdrive unit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Something to lower engine rpm at 50mph. Taller tires, even if I switch to singles would cost over $600. I'm not cheap, just not wastefull :eyes: (TIGHT). Any insite would be appreciated. ~ Pappa-G

spicergear

Anyone slap in an Aux-box? I've seen some auxillary transmission, Spicer has a couple with great ratios, that would swap in with the T-case moved back a lil. Another under drive, an overdrive too. Not bad.

hot rod deuce

if anyone is interested in a 4 speed direct allison auto i have one that will bolt to the samller pattern on a multi fuel but you will need to figure out he converter. its an allison AT 545 from behind my 5.9 cummins. as for an overdrive im workin or a 2 speed rearend. the plan is to take out the carier and use the reduction as an inline transmision. should be about a foot long and fairly light.

yeager1

I have a 4 speed aux box with 2 under, 1 direct, and 1 over, but it's nearly 18" long and I don't know if it will fit, but a 20 spd would be sweet. [^]

hot rod deuce

yeah but a couple might over lap though. and dont forget that that extra box taked like 13% more power and its not like we have the most efficent trucks around to begin with. Im looking for about a 600 Lb. class 18 speed or maybe a 13 but the d@** OD makes them so high priced

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks