• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need 1.8mm nozzle kit..any suggestions?

devilman96

You will have to find out what type and model the Chinese knocked that off from.... (prolly binks) and get a nozzle kit for it (fluid tip, air tip and needle). Body supply place might be able to help you with it but the kit will cost you 2-3X what the gun did...

Or... crank up the pot pressure and don't worry about it... Its CARC!!!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If others have just cranked up the pot pressure, i'm all for it. Anyone painting the new 2 part CARC with 1.4mm? If so, please offer some set up numbers I.E. pot pressure, gun pressure, comments, suggestions etc.

rdixiemiller

Mike
Set the pot up at 20-30 PSI. Use about 50 psi air at the gun, open the fluid needle about 2-3 full turns. Hold the gun about 10-12" away, go for a 8-10" pattern. Too wide a pattern will get heavy on the top and bottom and be light in the middle. Use a 50% overlapping spray and have at it. Paint the inside of the bed first to see how heavy you can go without runs and sags. The inside of the bed is less noticeable than the drivers side door if you run it!

Mike,
Yup, RD is right on. You'll be fine with that tip. I've used that gun for every kind of paint made for the last 10 years. Actually, I have one that I use strictly for clear. And if/when it gets wore out, ya throw it away and get a new one for less than a rebuild kit for a brand name spray gun. Also sent you a PM in reply to yours.

If you need any supplies for painting ie: tape, masking paper or tools here is the place to go:

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/c-559-paint-guns.aspx

There is an outlet in Sun Valley (San Fernando Valley), Ca and they ship that day. Order today, have it tomorrow.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds good. Do I have to worry about thinning the paint when using the 1.4mm? If so, how much???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks