• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M207 Dental van....yup field dentist

jdmcm

This is my M207, cab and chassis with M220 shop van body. Was used by the Canadian Military up until the early 1980's as a field dental van. Inside it has a gas heater, hot water tank, sink, several cabinets, exhaust fan, and place for an AC unit in the left upper corner of the box (missing). It also has cabinets with drawers etc. all the windows have fly screens on them. I bought it in September of 2001 and had it shipped to me on a flat deck. I bought it in Ontario and had it shipped to Alberta. kind of like shipping from Pensylvania to Montana...long trip...cost more to ship it than the truck. It runs and drives fine but is low on power...can't get out of it's own way on a hill. I had it mechanically inspected before I plated her and it passed with flying colors...tough old trucks. Since I bought this one I found a neighbour, ten minutes away that had it's twin. Go figure i ship it halfway across the country after searching for a shop van and there is one a stones throw away...well i bought that one as well and the M135 he had to. More pics to follow.

Attachments

jdmcm

more pics...M207

Rear view...these steps came with the truck and slide up under the box, might get around to sandblasting and painting this spring...we'll see, only been planning that since I bought it almost six years ago..where does the time go...

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: more pics...M207

Looks clean! Very nice.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Post some pics of the inside of the van body, I am wondering what setup this rig had for the dental office as far as equipment, furniture, etc.

pa.rich

The sight of those old drills with the pulleys gets me nauseated. Any of you older guys remember them? It wasnt til the late 60's that the high speed drills came out. What a difference. As a kid I remember the fear of dentists. No more of that now. Sorry for the detour, but if those types of equipment are in there, its antique.Hmmmm, 1952.... same age as me!

jdmcm

Yeah, thats the shop van boxes alright...I never got the dental chair...just bolt holes in the floor!

No.2Diesel

Nice truck... Now I'm going to ask you... Is it safe?.....Is it safe?.....Is it safe?.....Is it safe?.....Is it safe?.....WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!! :drool:

A little Marathon Man humor :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks