• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce move in New Orleans, La

Crazyguyla

I have to go home and find a new home for my deuce. The storage yard is being closed due to upcoming construction on the Huey Long Bridge. I'll be traveling down to La between 13 to 20 May to get it moved. I'm going to try to finish the brake system repairs and be able to drive it to it's new home, but if that fails, I'll be needing a hand getting it towed.

EZFEED

Crud...:( Sorry bubba wish I could help you here but my Deuce isn't driveable yet. I rented a 1 ton dually pickup to tow mine back home from GL. You can tow it fairly easily with a dually.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
EZ where did you ever find someone that would rent a dually with a gooseneck hitch?

EZFEED

hndrsonj said:
EZ where did you ever find someone that would rent a dually with a gooseneck hitch?
I didn't, I rented a 2006 Dodge dually with a 6cyl cummins turbo deisel and slapped my pintle hitch in the class 3 hitch reciever and pulled it with a towbar.

I borrowed Mcinfantry's towbar (my gratitude to him once again! :D ) and towed that sucker back home. I averaged 55-65mph but for the most part ket it around 55mph for saftey reasons.

Be dang sure you have the tires aired up well. If they are not they drag and make turning hard.

Here is a pic of when I got it home. My truck is at the side and you can see the a*s end of the dually to the right. It really wasn't too bad of a ride/pull to tell you the truth.

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i live about 50 miles north of new orleans and i could tow it to my house with 8 acres. i just towed a 5 ton missing engine from williams a couple months ago. give me a shout if you need my help 985 386 0540 Tim with tow bar and a F350 dually

halftrack

I live in Metairie,

I have a 5 ton wrecker, tractor, deuce --- I can move it easily. Email back with some details.

Is this JPSO trucks or civilian owned or both?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jason i have my wheels complete and the wrecker running pretty good. i have been oiling the lugs on the 5 ton so it wouldnt be hard to brake them off and use the wrecker to lift it up Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks