• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A1 Spare Tire

grantellis

Hello, I am new here. I have a M105A1 Trailer and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a tire and rim so I can have a spare on longer trips. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Grant.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grant, you need to add your location to your profile or create a signature so we know where you are. It's the same as a deuce so I almost guarantee, there is a member somewhere reasonably close with something of benefit.

acetomatoco

I have one here in VT.... you have to be careful as some are 900 20s and some are 1100 20s depending on what towed em.. M34 or M35 or M135 or M211 or M800 etc...
ACE

papercu

tire

If you plan on pulling it with a M35 you'll want to use the same size tire/wheel as your truck if possible, that way you'll have plenty of spares.
The new M105 uses a 22.5 wheel and has to carry its own spare. Wayne

grantellis

It is 900 X 20 and I pull it with my Dodge Ram 2500. I was hoping someone could help me out with a spare here in Colorado with all of the military surplus. I have a new post showing how I get the trailer level behind my pickup. Thanks, Grant.

twitchyfinger

grantellis said:
It is 900 X 20 and I pull it with my Dodge Ram 2500. I was hoping someone could help me out with a spare here in Colorado with all of the military surplus. I have a new post showing how I get the trailer level behind my pickup. Thanks, Grant.
grantellis

I was wondering if you ever found a spare tire and rim as I am buying an M105A2 tomorrow and will then be in the same boat as you looking for a spare. Please let me know if you did otherwise I will let you know if I happen to run across a couple especially being close to Denver and the Springs I might have better luck.

acetomatoco

How do you figure to stop the beast..?? ya all got a on board compressor on your pickup? You can convert the hitch to a surge brake type and plumb into the onboard hydraulic system and eliminate the air booster

RICE670

I did setup with an air solenoid and tank.Electric brake controller dumps regulated air via the solenoid.By adjusting the regulator you could avoid letting the smoke out of the NDT's.It worked better than I expected. scott