• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prototype Goat Walkaround Gallery

L1A1

Did not know that any of those prototypes had survived. Have only seen pics of them in Fred Chrismon's book, thanks for posting that link.
Regards,
Matt

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That, indeed, is the Goat Bill restored. The only prototype to survive. It had a Chevy Corvair air cooled, gas engine, and was much lighter.
A Gama Goat powered by a Corvair engine? Wow, didn't think you could make a Goat any more undesirable, but life surprises me sometimes.

Very interesting pictures. I like the look of the prototype better than the production one.

Gamagoat1

A Gama Goat powered by a Corvair engine? Wow, didn't think you could make a Goat any more undesirable, but life surprises me sometimes.

Very interesting pictures. I like the look of the prototype better than the production one.
Just shows how the govt. can screw up anything without even trying. Like the disc breaks,However, I see some scary parts in the trailer link photos.
Wish there were some photos of the engine,

Gamagoat1

I'm thinking Bill may not still b with does anyone know and where is the XM now?
Tom,
I couldn't find anything about Bill's demise so I'd guess the Goat is in his back yard in Reno, Nevada.
Bill, by the way, was the designer of the Goat, Roger Gamaunt was the designer and developer of the coupling between the tractor and carrier.

William R. (Bill) Janowski

Reno, Nevada 89506

e-mail: dmi@datamotiveinc.com

m561gamagoat

First of all its amazing when a prototype survives let alone in civilian hands and in the possession if one of the program engineers !!!!! The video of Bill operating the XM in Thailand is great to watch. I hope it ends up preserved somewhere.
I gotta dig up my CD and watch it again.

Gamagoat1

First of all its amazing when a prototype survives let alone in civilian hands and in the possession if one of the program engineers !!!!! The video of Bill operating the XM in Thailand is great to watch. I hope it ends up preserved somewhere.
I gotta dig up my CD and watch it again.
That's funny, I was sitting here watching mine when your reply came thru. You're right, it's well worth watching.

m561gamagoat

Working on mine today, new fuel filters tomorrow and putting on my spin-on oil filter adapter tomorrow. Now im gonna go watch the Thailand and proving ground vid !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks