• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008; will the HUMWV 8 socket wheels fit the M1008?

rattler1982

Looking to fit my CUCV with a bigger set of tires for beach n hunting fun. Will the regular HUMWV wheels and tires fit a CUCV M1008 with no changes to the body?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No.

You will need 2" spacers for the rims and at least a fender trim depending on how bad your springs are sagging. Most guys end up with a 4" lift

rwb

Hmmwv wheels on m1008

I'm looking at putting on hmmwv wheel on my m1008 , does any one know how they fit on the front do you need spacers or not

fitz

I've read that you can run the dually hubs in the front to eliminate the need for spacers.

Chaski

There are lots of options that a lot folks have done on the forum. Personally I have re-centered a couple sets of wheels. The stamped centers make the wheels about 3.5" offset. Flat centers set in as far as possible result in 5" ish backspacing. Stock HMMWV wheels are about 7" backspacing. With low backspacing comes large scrub radius in the front. The outside of your tires travel in a larger arc and will require more fender trimming with a low offset. I am really quite pleased with 5" backspacing, they are tucked in nicely and I got away with less trimming than my buddy that has the 3.5" stamped center. 2" steel spacers with stock wheels is a pretty clean solution, or re-centered wheels with flat centers. Just be aware that stamped centers, or dually hubs with stock HMMWV wheels will require major fender surgery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks