• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New trailer win...

alphadeltaromeo

I wanted to post the pics from my trip today to get the semi trailer that I had recently won. The first few pics are some of the vehicles that we (my son and I) saw while waiting for GL to get to the site. We had about 10 mins of our own time snapping shots and pokin' around. It was nice to have the freedom to do as we liked.

Hope you like the pics...

Andy

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

More...

Here are some more...

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
How did she pull with the dolly from "Hotlanta"?
I know there are a few pulls coming out, especially the long hill by Six flags.
Does it get squirrelly at highway speeds?
Did you go through the weigh station or just wave as you went by?
Inquiring (nosey) minds want to know.

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Last...

Wrecker: I had a great drive through ATL. Pulling up 6flags was a long drive...ended up in 3rd and the temp reached 195 max. I was really pleased with how "chick" towed. It towed like a dream...wasn't squirly at all. On the straights/flats I was able to maintain 2500rpm without much problem. Obviously it took it a bit to get there though. I also bypassed the weigh station, but it was on the other side of the freeway *wink*. I still would have passed it though. Leaving the base was fun, as the roads were quite tight. I enjoyed the challenge of the trip and such.

CS: "chick" pulled really well. I do have an axle seal that needs dealt with on the deuce. I'm going to service all the axles-n-wheels soon. With respect to a tractor, I am interested, but like that the deuce can get a few more mph on the road. I used airshift to get up my driveway...but probably could have done without it...but ya know...I was like a lil kid and wanted to just use it hehe.

citizensoldier

RE: Neato...

I can see some nice bung beds along that wall for the kids.. Wonder if I can find you some racks out of a ship or old aircraft carrier somewhere? That would be perfect for your clan of 10. Glad it went well. Do the heaters or air conditoner seem all intact? What were they exactly? Did you happen to check the bearings for heat?

alphadeltaromeo

CS: forgot to respond to your other questions...yes, love the inside, I'm quite pleased with the new addition for sure!

4x4: Ummm I'd love to convert it to a trailer for the family to camp in :D

Jkelly: Thank you sir! It was in Fulton off the 20...so really close woohoo

Armada

ADR, very nice trailer. Good score! Bet the 'young bucks' had just as much fun as you, if not more, when you took them to a military base to pick it up!

alphadeltaromeo

tklm539: totally agree...would LOVE one of those!

Armada: Many thanks bud...yes, I only had one of them with me on this trip, but he was in MV heaven for sure :D

alphadeltaromeo

Interesting note:

While trying to find out the various specs on the trailer dolly that Citizensoldier is storing at my place...the one used to "harvest" the new semi trailer, I was surprised to see what the TM had to say. You'll note that top speed towing with the dolly is rated at 30mph...I find that rather slow to say the least. I do know that it will tow at 55mph just fine :wink:

As a note, I was using a 6 ton dolly.

Andy

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks