• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Those with pioneer trailers

JB

Do you have one that has Jerry can brackets mounted in front of the fenders on each side like a M416B1? I 've seen pictures from a distance on some but not up close. If you have a pic please post I'd like to put those brackets on mine. I have the jerry can bracket I'd just like to see what it'd take to make the mount.

Thanks

JB

RE: fuel can bracket

Thanks ONTOS I think that second one is what I'd like to do with mine. In fact i think I saw this picture elsewhere and it gave me the idea to do the same to mine. Any closeup pics or schematics would be great . Thanks

Blythewoodjoe

I just picked one up and I will try to get some pictures of the can holder soon. If any of you guys can help me identify mine I am needing some tires for it. Is this the same wheel as the M37 or the M715?

Thanks,
Joe Trapp

Attachments

ONTOS66

Actually the first one is not the one I had in mind, must have hit the wrong selection. Here is the other alternate way of mounting a can holder. I found the reference that I had in mind, just a matter of figuring out how to get a copu up here. It shows the mod and lists the parts.

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter

JB:
Page 21 of the manual shows the mount and mounting location of the fluid container carrier. If you don't have the manual let me know I will email it to you. That is my trailer in your first shot, my carrier is located on top of the fender, soon to be relocated. Mine has a spare tire mount on the front where the carrier originally was located. My trailer uses M37 wheels.
James G.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

All the M101 series trailers and their variants use M37 5-lug wheels. They made adapters to utilize 6-lug M715 rims after the military changed from the 3/4-ton truck to the 5/4-ton truck in the late 1960s/early 1970s. If your trailer has 6-lug rims, the axles have adapters on them, or you may have custom wheels.

JB

Thanks for all the responses. Rumplecat your reference is what I needed I think to get me started. Thanks again everyone.

ONTOS66

Good luck .. and remember to post photos of the project as you progress!

'Cause you'll hear this a lot around here ....

nopics

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks