• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Installed

Loose Deuce

Ok Guys I got my radio and VIC installed in my Deuce today and I cant believe it but everything works, every piece was purchased off ebay except for a few cables and I figgured everything probably would be bad. :hop: :freaked: I have a PRC-25 with amp for the radio department and the VIC-1 set up with 3 stations. On the radio I picked up a Golf game that sounded like it was on TV? But I dont know if it will transmit yet? :confused: I noticed that the auto frequency dial on the antenna base doesnt move when trying to adjust the antenna frequency from the radio amp. but I may not be doing it right yet. :roll:
:roll:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations!
I found that the "bail-out" connectors to be my biggest source of trouble and simply taped mine. Do yours stay together alright?
How do you handle the unused headsets? Got any pictures of the install?
Do you have the MX-7777 surge protector?

Loose Deuce

Cranetruck, I havent had any trouble with the bail out cables yet because I just got them, but I did notice there's not much for the connector pins to hold on too. I dont have a surge protector, how is it hooked up, and where do you get them? How much money also?? :confused:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MX-7777 (or MX-7778 with mounting hardware) is a fairly big box (4x4x8 inches or so) and goes between the battery and the intercom/electronics. It has two circuit breakers, one trips for reverse polarity and the other for over current. You will need cables that connect it all together, one from the battery to the MX-box and one from the MX-box to the Intecom Amplifier/junction box.

Where to find them? Ebay, like everything else, $15-$35.

Loose Deuce

I found a used one coming from Fair Radio for $22.00, I think I have the cables. My AM-1780 gets its power from my MT-1029 radio mount, can I still use the 7777 but hook it up differently?

I hooked all three C-2298 boxes on top of my 1780 amp. is that like you have yours in the photos? I didnt have a Commanders control box.

baja_power

cranetruck said:
Congratulations!
I found that the "bail-out" connectors to be my biggest source of trouble and simply taped mine.
Doesn't taping the "bail-out" plugs together defeat the purpose of bail-out connecters altogether? :?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks