• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv M1008 (6.2 Detroit diesel) and Digital Dakota

sirmax123

Hi!

I'm trying to repair my M1008 but because of my location (Ukraine, ex-USSR) I have no chance to buy original parts. Or shipping costs too much

So I'm going to replace my dashboard with such one: http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....ategory_id=-1/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd783.htm
(this is NOT advertising!)

But on my original gauge cluster I do not have
* Tachometer
* Oil Pressure Sensor
* Coolant temperature sensor

Is it possible to install dakota digital parts?
Of course seller tells me "No Problems" but I guess I will have because I have no Idea where can I get data for sensors.

Any help will be high appreciated!

If it is wrong forum branch - could you please ask moderators to move my post to the correct one.

PS. please pay attention - my native language is Russian so I can make some mistakes in names if the parts

dependable

There are oil pressure and coolant temperature sensors on the 6.2 motor. You can probably replace these with the ones that come with your new cluster, but you may need another adapter for the oil pressure sender(judging from parts description on link). To get the tachometer working you will have to get something to convert the signal off the #2 alternator. I have not done this but I know there are some threads here on that subject. Let us know how it turns out, looks like an interesting product.

Skinny

They are not really sensors but rather over temp or low oil pressure switches. You will have to remove them and replace with sending units. If the Dakota digital dash uses OEM senders, just get the stock ones from a donor that has a full gauge setup or order online somewhere like Rockauto or Ebay...they will probably ship although I couldn't imagine the price.

I agree, tach signal will either come off the alternator or you will need a magnetic one to mount on the balancer.

richingalveston

They advertise that they include the sensors that you will have to change on the motor. From what I have checked out on the web site you will need a tachometer sending unit which can also be purchased by Dakota digital it is the DS-1 module. I use it in my 1009 and it works good.
sending units for water temp and oil pressure will have to be changed with the ones they include with the dash.
It appears they also include a speed sensor to convert your mechanical cable into a digital signal. may need to verify that this is included.

you will need the wiring diagram for your cluster so that you can determine which wires to connect to the Dakota digital interface unit.
you may still be able to use the blackout switch if you still have it and if you wire it correctly. I would probably add the dimmer switch option also because it looks like the Dakota dash will be very bright.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks