• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PAR type lamps, headlamps, etc..

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After finding two luminaires that take PAR36 lamps, and finding a 24V and a 36V lamps to fit, it got me interested in the different PAR-type lamps that might be useful for MVs. I ended up digging through a large pile of surplus lamps and found a pair of 150 watt 28V PAR46 lamps as well as a 60W and a few 36V 50W PAR36 forklift lamps.

"GE 4572, PAR46 (5.75" dia), Auto Flood Military, 28V, 150W, 4500CP, 300HR, H=55 deg. V=55 deg., screw terminals" I think I can have some fun with them if I can find luminaires.

After digging through all those lamps, many appearing similar yet having very different beamwidths and wattages, it occurred to me that a chart of PAR-type lamps might be handy when finding the odd lamps at a swap meet. - -to see if they are suitable for one's own needs.

So attached is a file with 53 of these lamps in it of which nineteen are 28V and as many are 12V. I hope the chart covers the most useful types from 5.5 to 75V and from smallish PAR36 spotlamps andlheadlamps to large deuce-headlamp-sized lamps, including some halogen types. There a few odd voltages in there as well. For instance, a 36V lamp makes a great work light, and will never burn out (or burn your hand) at 28V. In any case, a good reference for the box of lamps at the swap meet.

BTW - NAPA 4863 - -as listed in the x-reference on this site, is the deuce headlamp. -but it could not be found on the NAPA site. Maybe I did not look hard enough.

Attachments

CGarbee

I've got a page on my website with a few crossreferences for bulbs, and I have a spreadsheet llinked on it that was done by a fellow enthusiast/engineer in Florida that has a lot of bulb info, including PAR. It is a MS Excel spreadsheet with bulb information from GE. The spreadsheet includes a lot of information such as bulb dimensions, power consumption, output, and life expectancy.

Combined with Opcon's info, it should cover just about everything you'd reasonably want to mount on a MV... :)

The page on my site is:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/lightbulbs.htm

If you want to skip the other info on my page and go directly to the spreadsheet:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/LightBulbs.xls

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks