• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who wants to swap stuff?

Blythewoodjoe

I need some tires for my pioneer trailer and I am too cheap to buy any. I also have lots of junk to swap for some tires. So here's the deal. I don't see any where on the site to post such a request. I could have over looked something because I am a part time dummy. If so please point me in the right direction.

But here's my point. If there isn't a good place to post a "swap junk with me" message, what say ye we start such an area. When I say "we" I of course the management. I am just the forum jester. This of course may be a bad idea. If so feel free to remove this post and throw a tomato at me.

Here's what I have in mind. I want two or three M37 wheels and tires, bald but air tight or just two 16" NDCC tires that will hold air (with a tube).

Here's what I have to swap:
M35 tires, rims or old tubes
Big army tents
Deuce snow chains
Some deuce drive line parts
Deuce engine parts
Old 5 ton parts
Lots of other junk
Cabell's mermite cans (if he has forgotten I have them. Don't say anything)

Here's the goal. Acquire with out spending further money. I have spent enough.
You also have to be willing drive to SC to swap. I will make it worth your while.

So what you guys think?
Joe Trapp

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: How wants to swap stuff?

I have some of the air you will need to put in your tires. I'll trade it for a multifuel core. I will bring the air in a tank, but you will need to unload it.

Blythewoodjoe

Re: RE: How wants to swap stuff?

clinto said:
I have some of the air you will need to put in your tires. I'll trade it for a multifuel core. I will bring the air in a tank, but you will need to unload it.
Temping offer, but ah, well, ah, NO.
Ironically I get plenty of hot air from most of the people I work around for free :lol:

CGarbee

Blythewoodjoe said:
Cabell's mermite cans (if he has forgotten I have them. Don't say anything)

Joe Trapp
Seven mermite cans, one kitchen rack, and a pot lifter if memory servers me (and I have the GL invoice at the office if my memory is off...).
I also have a five ton fitted cargo top that I need to pick up from another member (along with a pair of dash lights).
And there is that M37 in the area that I told "Tanner" that I would get for him...

Don't trade them Joe, I have sold them already... :)
I'm looking at riding down the third weekend in June...

Blythewoodjoe

Re: RE: Re: RE: How wants to swap stuff?

Recovry4x4 said:
How big are dem tents?
I have a new in the box (at least it was when I bought it) canvas field kitchen tent. I have a new GP small sitting around too. No poles for it though.

Blythewoodjoe

CGarbee said:
That sounds great. I'll have to cook that possum we have been feeding :lol:

So, do you have any old tires. The nice radials you have on your truck would be welcome too :twisted:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
RE: Re: Who wants to swap stuff?

fwiw joe's "junk" tends to be nicer than my "stuff"...
what size tires are those chains for?

CGarbee

Blythewoodjoe said:
CGarbee said:
That sounds great. I'll have to cook that possum we have been feeding :lol:

So, do you have any old tires. The nice radials you have on your truck would be welcome too :twisted:

Joe,
I have four Co-Op Grip Spurs and one Goodyear X-Tra Traction tire in 900x16 (bias) with tubes (no flaps) that used to be mounted on my M37 before I put the Michelins on. I took tread depth measurements a while back and (by memory) they run from 60% to 90% tread. They are inside in the garage.
I think that I have two 900x16 NDT in the backyard that are old, but have decent tread that came off a parts M37.

Possum is good. Are you planning on stewing it or roasting?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: Who wants to swap stuff?

Joe, I have some 900x16s that I took off to install 1100x16s on my 725. I will check them out and send them home with someone at Haspin if you want. I have no need for them anymore and I think they are in decent cond.

Blythewoodjoe

CGarbee said:
I think that I have two 900x16 NDT in the backyard that are old, but have decent tread that came off a parts M37.
It sounds like you have just what I need. I'll get with you before you come down.

Thanks Gimpyrobb for the offer but it sounds like Cabell has just what I need and he has to rescue his mermite cans anyway :lol:

The chains mentioned earlier are for 9.00 x 20 duals. I have a picture of them on my web site somewhere.

Joe Trapp

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be interested in buying 4 of the deuce tire chains if we can work out the logistics.

I think I have it all figured out. . . . .
Cabell Garbee can pick them up from Joe Trapp and bring them to Adam (Oilcan)'s place when he comes up to pick up his M817. Then from Oilcan to Haspin or to Gimpyrobb and then to me.

Maybe???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks