• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what do you think?

Jake907

There is an old deuce down the road from me, and the other day I was talking to the owner, mentioned I would like to talk about buying if he ever wanted to sell, he surprised me by saying he would like to part with it and for a measly $1500.

Some details:
  • Early '70s Deuce and a half ('72 I think?)
  • Some body cancer on cab (spent several years on the coast)
  • Brakes are somewhat "weak" (maybe y'all know about that too?)
  • Everything works still
  • Tires and winch cable still good
  • I think he said it had an AM General engine, naturally aspirated
  • original 9.00 tires
  • 15' flatbed with headache rack

I want to make a bobbed deuce to use for hunting, hauling firewood, and general work around the house. I would love to have a newer truck with a turbo and less problems. But at the same time, if what he says checks out, then it would be a killer deal I think. But, not being familiar with these trucks I don't know how big of a deal it will be to fix the brakes, and I don't know how much better the newer turbo charged trucks perform than the older ones.

So if anyone has advice or pointers about this particular deal or about deuces in general I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I'll try to post a picture later and any other details that I learn after I look it over

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

You resurrected an old thread & the guy may not even be on the board anymore. That said, members probably want to know what happened to the deal in question. I hate to see the old trucks go to the scrappers, unless they have been involved in a major fire event.