• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen Set Trailer

Pinz25086

I am about to buy a old flat bed trailer to tow behind my Pinz. It used to have 2 miliatry gen sets on it. I think that it is a M-116A1 ( no surge brakes) but I am not sure. I have seen a trailer like this that had a complete tarp covering 4 bows. Any idea where I can get the bows and tarp? Does not need to be NOS, used will be great. I believe that this trailer is 3/4 ton, is this correct?

Thanks
Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wayne, don't know about bows but if you find them you might be able to find a cover at Vermont Commercial Salvage. I've bought one from them before. You will have to backtrack a little to contact George there. His user name on Ebay is VTCSM37. Try contacting him through Ebay.

Pinz25086

Thanks for the info Kenny and Mike. I will try and get in touch with George. I am looking at the wheels and the are held on by 6 lug nuts. The picture is not clear enough to see what size the tires are and the owner has not replied to my question. I am trying to verify that this is a 3/4 ton trailer. If it is indeed a 3/4 ton will the frame be the same as a M-101? I can find a great deal on M-101 replacement bodys and was wondering about changing it over to the box style if I can not locate the bows and cover for the flat bed.

Wayne

papercu

bow

If your deal doesn't work out, I'm 90 miles above Jacksonville and have M116 and M101 trailers for sale or trade. No tops though. Wayne

mangus580

RE: bow

I do also have a complete 116A1 for sale too, bows, cover, and all. Do you have any pictures of the trailer? If you post one, we could easily identify it.

Pinz25086

RE: bow

Well I have made up my mind that this is NOT a 3/4 ton. After checking out the wheels they should be 5 lug (early) or 8 lug (late) but not 6 lug. The front landing gear is very similar to a M105 my buddy has and it also has the 6 lug 20 inch wheels. Too bad as it was quite the deal at $250. I am looking for a good M101 in the southeast. I would like one complete with bows and a top but I would buy one without as the tops are on e-bay from time to time. Anyone have one for sale?

papercu - PM sent

Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks